Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ArrowLauncher 1.2 is out. It offers Smartsearch - whereby you can type any letters that are in a contact or app you're looking for. Arrow Launcher returns all items that have those letters in the right order.

For JohnSmith, you can type Jsm or Jsh. The list of options narrows incredibly quickly after 2 or three letters.

Let me know what you think!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    This isn't working for me. I get a reset every time I try to set up my VIP's. The first time I installed, I installed right over the previous version. After the reset, I completely deleted ArrowLauncher, reinstalled 1.2 and still get a reset when I try to pick VIP's. (both by using the 'down' on the 5 way and touching the screen.) I had the version that was not skinnable previously on my Sprint Treo.
    Same thing is happening for me even tried to disable the smart search still crashes

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    This isn't working for me. I get a reset every time I try to set up my VIP's. The first time I installed, I installed right over the previous version. After the reset, I completely deleted ArrowLauncher, reinstalled 1.2 and still get a reset when I try to pick VIP's. (both by using the 'down' on the 5 way and touching the screen.) I had the version that was not skinnable previously on my Sprint Treo.
    Hey...getting exactly the same. This report from CrashPro:

"Crash was caused by error "DataMgr.c,Line:9529,Index out of range" while running "ArrowLauncher 1.0".

Also a spelling mistake. I have reinstalled 1.1 (due to above crashing) and when I select the SD app in your list I get the following: "Unable to open directory. Please check directory in prererences"... (note: the spelling of prererences is as the Treo...not my spelling). I rebuilt the list and all was fine
    I can confirm Laurie's bug--reset happens when picking VIPs.

I do like the Smartsearch, though, especially the way it reduces the number of options as you type more letters. The Treo like contacts searching (first letter of first name + first letter of surname) works great.

Regards,
    --Mathew
  6.    #6  
    OK - working on it now!
    Note - 1.21 at palmgear is not a fix for this bug.
    Hobbyist Software
  7.    #7  
    should be fixed now - version 1.22
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    should be fixed now - version 1.22
    Close...but no cigar!!

After intalling 1.22 (over 1.1) the VIP list went bye-bye. A dialog box came up stating "No VIPs-Use Menu etc...". Went to Options/Pick VIP's and selected a couple. Back to the app and the message "Vo ViPs etc..." hit me again.

Left with a blank screen (the area for names and apps) and a blank outlined box above the box (text entry area).

Tried a again with a clean install..but same result.

Sorry......Back to 1.1.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    Close...but no cigar!!

After intalling 1.22 (over 1.1) the VIP list went bye-bye. A dialog box came up stating "No VIPs-Use Menu etc...". Went to Options/Pick VIP's and selected a couple. Back to the app and the message "Vo ViPs etc..." hit me again.

Left with a blank screen (the area for names and apps) and a blank outlined box above the box (text entry area).

Sorry......Back to 1.1.
    Hmm - still not quite right in returning to the list from the 'vip' selector page - but I can select VIPs.

Can you try again, but after selecting, your VIPs, turn VIP on and off - everything should sort itself...
    I'll work on the remaining issues today!
    Hobbyist Software
    Still reset using down on the d pad but I can choose VIP's using the touchscreen with no reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    Close...but no cigar!!

Sorry......Back to 1.1.
    I get the same result, but the VIP's will show up after turning VIP on and off a few times. The 'No VIP's' message still pops up though.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Still reset using down on the d pad but I can choose VIP's using the touchscreen with no reset.
    Thanks.

Also - the VIP view isn't working with smartsearch.
    Hobbyist Software
    Yes, same thing happened. The Treo 600 went into a reset mode everytime I try to choose a VIP using the 5-way directional keys.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    Yes, same thing happened. The Treo 600 went into a reset mode everytime I try to choose a VIP using the 5-way directional keys.
    1.23 fixes this.

Do your worst!
    Hobbyist Software
    Looks great. Is there a way to set which field is selected by default when you pick a contact? For example when I select a contact it seems random if sms or phone and which number is selected.

thanks!!!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Looks great. Is there a way to set which field is selected by default when you pick a contact? For example when I select a contact it seems random if sms or phone and which number is selected.

thanks!!!
    Not yet.
    I'm planning to make it select the first phone number.

Remember though - you only have to press one letter to dial/sms/email the number you want
    Hobbyist Software
    Not yet.
    I'm planning to make it select the first phone number.

Remember though - you only have to press one letter to dial/sms/email the number you want
    Sounds good.

I seem to have found a problem with the new version(sorry)

When I refresh/opdate my VIPS, I lose them (no vip's selected)

thanks!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Sounds good.

I seem to have found a problem with the new version(sorry)

When I refresh/opdate my VIPS, I lose them (no vip's selected)

thanks!
    what a pain! This will have to wait until tomorrow for a fix I'm afraid.

<edit> scratch that - 1.24 fixes this bug. What next?
    also - just install 1.24 over 1.21 or above and you should keep your vips (even if you lost them in 1.23)
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 06/06/2004 at 04:06 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    what a pain! This will have to wait until tomorrow for a fix I'm afraid.
    thanks, I know you'll take care of it.

PH
    Hey...1.24 seems to be doing the trick. Now I can check out Smartsearch.

I would like to clear out the letters and start again and do it without having to hit the back arrow keys. Is is possible now...or something you can add?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast