Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21  
    VIP now works...thanks!
    when I am in the select VIP screen and type a letter I get a soft reset

    "Emul68k Common.c
    Line:1594, Index out of Range"


    thanks
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    VIP now works...thanks!
    when I am in the select VIP screen and type a letter I get a soft reset

    "Emul68k Common.c
    Line:1594, Index out of Range"


    thanks
    Can confirm that.....I get the identical thing.
  3. #23  
    I have been thinking about the way I use Arrowlauncher. Seems to me that there is little need for the none VIP list...unless I want to do some big scrolling. Why not automatically search for things not on the VIP list...it otherwards you switch over to the full list if the items you are not searching for are not on the VIP list. Personally I keep the list to 10 items so that I can quickly pick my favs.

    Just thinking out loud.

    Thanks
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    VIP now works...thanks!
    when I am in the select VIP screen and type a letter I get a soft reset

    "Emul68k Common.c
    Line:1594, Index out of Range"


    thanks
    Fixed in 1.25
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    I have been thinking about the way I use Arrowlauncher. Seems to me that there is little need for the none VIP list...unless I want to do some big scrolling. Why not automatically search for things not on the VIP list...it otherwards you switch over to the full list if the items you are not searching for are not on the VIP list. Personally I keep the list to 10 items so that I can quickly pick my favs.

    Just thinking out loud.

    Thanks
    Could you explain a bit more - I'm not sure quite what you're suggesting here.
    If it's relevant, then the way I use AL is to completely ignore VIPs - I find smartsearch gets me what I want from the whole list in two or three chars.
    Are you suggesting getting rid of VIPs?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Could you explain a bit more - I'm not sure quite what you're suggesting here.
    If it's relevant, then the way I use AL is to completely ignore VIPs - I find smartsearch gets me what I want from the whole list in two or three chars.
    Are you suggesting getting rid of VIPs?
    No....just the opposite. There is generally no need to be looking at anything other then the VIP list. If you begin typing and the item is not listed in VIP then your software should start looking in the regular list. Why have to switch over to the 'Big List' to begin searching? Hope this makes sense.

    Thanks
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Fixed in 1.25
    There seems to be a bug. The Select VIP list still shows applications that have been deleted. Is there a way to refresh this list and remove the litter?

    Suggestion: It would be nice to have a toggle to switch from VIP application and VIP Contacts. Nice to have an option not to mix both list.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    There seems to be a bug. The Select VIP list still shows applications that have been deleted. Is there a way to refresh this list and remove the litter?
    Found a way to remove litter. Just toggle checkbox "Applications" in List Contents menu to force Arrow Launcher to refresh applications.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    There seems to be a bug. The Select VIP list still shows applications that have been deleted. Is there a way to refresh this list and remove the litter?

    Suggestion: It would be nice to have a toggle to switch from VIP application and VIP Contacts. Nice to have an option not to mix both list.
    Or you could just press the refresh stone to the left of the main list!
    As you'll see, it takes a little while to refresh (particularly if you have a huge contacts database) - which is why It only refreshes on command.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    No....just the opposite. There is generally no need to be looking at anything other then the VIP list. If you begin typing and the item is not listed in VIP then your software should start looking in the regular list. Why have to switch over to the 'Big List' to begin searching? Hope this makes sense.

    Thanks
    Let me check I've understood.

    what you're proposing is that the large list should always be what is searched - but that only certain items will show initially.
    The initial items are readily available for tapping/scrolling to, but as soon as you type any text, you search the whole list?

    Is that right?

    Assuming so, my initial reaction is that this would be pretty confusing to grasp at the outset - though perhaps a nice feature for an familiar user. What do other people think?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Let me check I've understood.

    what you're proposing is that the large list should always be what is searched - but that only certain items will show initially.
    The initial items are readily available for tapping/scrolling to, but as soon as you type any text, you search the whole list?

    Is that right?

    Assuming so, my initial reaction is that this would be pretty confusing to grasp at the outset - though perhaps a nice feature for an familiar user. What do other people think?
    Yes...that is how I see it. I suppose it may be hard to grasp at first, but if first time users see the program initially as an "easy find" utility which includes a "favorites" list then it may not be so hard to understand.

    Again thanks for considering the idea.
  12. #32  
    I think that would be an improvement.
    Laissez Faire
  13. #33  
    This is slightly off topic but, where can I get more skins?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    This is slightly off topic but, where can I get more skins?
    Er - Nowhere. I've built the ability to have completely customised skins (different layout as well as graphics) - but so far haven't got any artists producing any!

    If there's anyone out there who can produce good looking bitmaps, talk to me!
    I'll explain what's needed and do the compiling to turn them into a skin.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    Suggestion: It would be nice to have a toggle to switch from VIP application and VIP Contacts. Nice to have an option not to mix both list.
    Any possibility of have two VIP list that we can toggle between the two? One for VIP program and another for VIP contacts.
  16. #36  
    What is the deal with "Company" entries put into the addess book. Is it possible to add that field in Arrowlauncher.

    Thanks
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    What is the deal with "Company" entries put into the addess book. Is it possible to add that field in Arrowlauncher.

    Thanks
    At the moment, company is shown if there is no first or last name.

    How would you like to see it?
    I'm somewhat put off adding company as a default option as people are likely to have many items with the same company.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    At the moment, company is shown if there is no first or last name.

    How would you like to see it?
    I'm somewhat put off adding company as a default option as people are likely to have many items with the same company.
    I see your point. I personally do not make much use of the Company field..but have a friend who does. Will ponder this for awhile.

    Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions