1.    #1  
    Hello all.

A friend of mine dropped his Treo and asked if I could fix it. When he picked it up it was still on, but locked up. He hit the reset button on the back of the unit and it went off and stayed off. We never have been able to get it to come back on. The battery seems to charge, but that is it.

The screen doesn't appear cracked and all the buttons seem to respond typically. Taking the back off the unit discovered an L shapped piece of rubber floating around. Not sure where that goes. Nothing appears to be broken. Could the batteries or connection jarred loose from the phone in such a manner that the connections to the base, for charging, are intact, but the connections to the phone circuitry for usage is damaged/loose?

Thanks.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz89
    Hello all.

A friend of mine dropped his Treo and asked if I could fix it. When he picked it up it was still on, but locked up. He hit the reset button on the back of the unit and it went off and stayed off. We never have been able to get it to come back on. The battery seems to charge, but that is it.

The screen doesn't appear cracked and all the buttons seem to respond typically. Taking the back off the unit discovered an L shapped piece of rubber floating around. Not sure where that goes. Nothing appears to be broken. Could the batteries or connection jarred loose from the phone in such a manner that the connections to the base, for charging, are intact, but the connections to the phone circuitry for usage is damaged/loose?

Thanks.

Bill
    There are reports on this site where the phone stopped working simply because the battery connections "jumped off" (that was the terminology used). Often, it would be better just to have the phone replaced than try to fix it. Hope your friend has insurance coverage. According to posting here, LockLine will provide insurance but you have to wait 30 days before you can claim plus $35 deductible.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Ronbo2000.

My friend has already purchased a new phone. I am doing the work myself and was hoping someone may have experience in taking this unit apart, and based on what you mentioned, fixing the battery disconnect issue.

Thanks.