1.    #1  
    I have ReadThis! software but since I upgraded to treo 600 (and OS5) it doesn't work. So now I have a ton of stuff that's encrypted on my treo and no way to view it there (I know i can see it on my pc with the java app).

Anyone recommend a replacement software or figure out a way to run this in OS5?

(readthis! was great in that you could encrypt any text in the address book, appointment notes, memopad, etc.)
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    Ive also used ReadThis since my Pilot Personal and sorely miss it. Sorry, but right now I dont know of any alternative except to move all sensitive data into a standalone application that has encryption. Have you emailed the developer? Perhaps if enough of us do that, he will consider updating it. I wouldnt mind paying for the upgrade.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Ive also used ReadThis since my Pilot Personal and sorely miss it. Sorry, but right now I dont know of any alternative except to move all sensitive data into a standalone application that has encryption. Have you emailed the developer? Perhaps if enough of us do that, he will consider updating it. I wouldnt mind paying for the upgrade.
    Same here, but an email to the email link listed on the product webpage just bounced back. Since this product hasn't been touched by the developer in YEARS, i don't think we have much of a chance...

Let me know if you or anyone else has a product suggestion for easy encryption of data. Ideally, I'd like an integrated utility, not a standalone app that holds all sensitive info in one place.
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    ReadThis was the first Palm application I paid for. I also would like to find a replacement for it. I contacted the developer Pixl but he does not seem to be in the mood to update it.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I, too, found ReadThis indispensible and was an early adopter on my Visor Deluxe. I unencripted all my old notes, etc. and then beamed them from my 2nd device (Treo 90) to the Treo 600. I then just put most of this info as notes in the free Splash ID that came with the T600. Too bad the desktop application for ReadThis stopped working with the Palm Desktop a long time ago. Splash ID actually works pretty well and in some ways is more organized than ReadThis.
    I used readthis for years until I moved to my treo600. I tried a few standalone applications and found MemoSafe to work well enough for my needs (Stay away from tealsafe). If you want to find out where all those ReadThis encrypted memo pads are, use a global find and look for ".<" (I use FindHAck).
  7.    #7  
    Thanks all, i think i am going to search for all encrypted memos and then put it in splashid program.

What a pain, and now the secret stuff is no longer associated with the records in my address book, but oh well...

Thanks again for the tips!