1.    #1  
    Hey All,

I know i should've checked better, but here's what's happening:

I updated my software to v 1.2 last week. Today i received a txt message saying a new update was available so i went ahead and updated again. Now, whenever i'm trying to turn Wireless mode On, my phone resets. So now, my phone functionality is dead and i can't do anything Wireless or anything that involves the network.

Any idea on how this can be fixed or if i can revert? Or is it just a return/exchange situation?

Thanks for any help!
    Did you back up before running it? If so, you should be able to do a hard reset and attempt restoring again. Before restoring try turning on the phone and see if you have the phone reset issue.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

After performing a hard reset, i was finally able to turn the phone on. I have my backup at the office and will be there later today. I'll try to see if anything happens after the restore.
    i had this happen to me after the update. ever time i turned on wireless mode, the treo would reset. i perfromed a hard reset and was able to turn on the wireless mode. however, after restoring my data, it went back to resets upon turning on wireless. i had to manually reloaded all my software to fix it.
    I thought there had been another update released until I read the page sprints txt msg directed me to... it said update only if ur phones firmware was lower than 1.12... I suggest loading the previous firmware update and start from there.
    I also updated when I shouldn't have. It was only because I received the text message (twice I might add) that I thought it important enough to update even though in my own head I already knew better. Next time, I'll ignore the text message(s) so I, too, don't go through the double-updater glitch - that was a nightmare.
    Don't people ever read before they act. A real bufo if you don't.
    MRL-MO
  8.    #8  
    Question: After Hard Resetting, is my update still active? Meaning am i already running v. 1.2? I checked the phone version and is still says 1.0, so i'm not sure what to look for to know if i'm running the latest firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunik
    Question: After Hard Resetting, is my update still active? Meaning am i already running v. 1.2? I checked the phone version and is still says 1.0, so i'm not sure what to look for to know if i'm running the latest firmware.

You DEFINTELY should be at the 1.2 after an update and hard reset. One way to tell is if you now have a 'Mail' and 'Sounds' app after the hard reset.
  10.    #10  
    Okay, i was able to update everything except for my contacts??? Any idea why my contacts aren't updating or if i'm not doing something correctly?

Also, i found out that 2 program were interferring with my system and preventing it from turning wireless on...Backgammon and a Clock program...go figure!
  11.    #11  
    Hey Guys,

Nevermind that last post...i had to perform 3 synchs in order to get all my info restored.

Thanks again for all of your help!