Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My treo 300 broke. I had sprint's $4/mo insurance.
    Filed a claim, paid my $35, and since they have no 300's, they sent me a refurb 600!!!!!

Whooo hoooo!
    Is there some reason why there is another topic regarding your $35 T|600; especially since the "HOW" is an identical post?!?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    That's awesome! I thought of doing that cuz I had Treo 300. But I actually got TWO FREE Treo 600s from Sprint!! I got one through executive services (they didn't ask for a return phone) & I got a refurb through the Sprint store. Neither knew of each other so I got TWO FREE PHONES!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Is there some reason why there is another topic regarding your $35 T|600; especially since the "HOW" is an identical post?!?
    I realized that this would be best posted on the 300 forum since I assume the 600 forum's primary audience already own 600s...
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    I have the replacement plan and have used it twice already. I will have to check, but they only allow so many replacements per year...
    I have bee ogling the 600 for a while, but find it expensive. With the battery troubles I have now (I have the piggy bac, but still...) and this latest alternative.....I will try it.
    After I posted the previous comment, I suddenly realized my next phone must be GSM. I cannot go with Sprint since they do not carry that technology.
  7. ead
    I just had to get my 300 replaced by insurance as a function of an unexpected dip in the ocean. I argued that since my SMS msg's used to show sender ID and did not anymore, due to a change by Sprint, that they owed me a phone with that capabily - the 600. No dice for me, I got a refurbished 300. I did see that someone said that there is only one phone replacement per year. Is anyone sure of that? If that is the case it would seem to make sense to cancel insurance after you get a replacement since it is it worthless for the next year??
    CAll executive services at Sprint and coax them into trading you up to a Treo 600
    Its 2 per yr and they cancel your insur. after the second claim for you
    I'm 10 months into having my T300, and the lid is cracking for the second time. I just got off the phone with a CSR who said that if I went to the store they would replace it (but not with a T600). I'm curious about TreoNeo's experiences with executive services, especially since I can't figure out how to contact them. What's the number? I asked the CSR, who really was quite nice and seemed to be trying to help me, but said she couldn't find a number for anything listed as executive services.
    FYI I complained that the cracking of the lid in the T300 was a known Sprint flaw and they own me a phone with the same capabilities without a flip form. since it will only crack again. I had to speak with the Sprint store manager but they gave me a T600 for free.
    What Sprint store in NYC did they upgrade you at?
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    I got a free replacement too, although I have to admit that the people at my local store use their brains and see that I have been a longtime customer.

J3
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

here
    I went to a Sprint store in Lower Manhattan (Broadway) thye ended up giving me a new treo 300...NOT 600...maybe i will try again i a few weeks.
    Plus they told me they don't replace in the store...and I had to wait a few days for it to arrive.

here
    My hinge broke after 3 days, so I called insurance. The put in an order for a replacement 300, but we will see when it gets here if its a 300 or a 600. Although I am sure that they have plenty of reconditioned 300's. I sure that the 600 above was just a fluke
    Geezlouise,

Beautiful baby in your Avatar!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wes2004
    My hinge broke after 3 days, so I called insurance. The put in an order for a replacement 300, but we will see when it gets here if its a 300 or a 600. Although I am sure that they have plenty of reconditioned 300's. I sure that the 600 above was just a fluke
    Let me know what you get. I just added Sprint Insurance to my Treo 300 last week and have 2 more weeks to wait before I will be filing a claim. First my battery wouldn't hold a charge (bought a new one that works well), now my lid just completely broke off. I'd like to go to 600 but would rather not fork over the cash to get one. So I will be filing a replacement claim for the 300 in 2 weeks. Wondering what they are sending out and how long it takes you to get it.
    ill let u know what happens. it was kinda my own fault that it broke . left it in my pocket at work and I ran into something and busted the hinge and front cover. and then my daughter got ahold of it. bad luck I guess. I'm hoping that I get a 600 though. wish me luck.
    Well, my break was my fault too ... a drop on the hardwood floor ... but that's not the point ... insurance is insurance. Good luck on the 600! If they just replace with 300's .... I'll milk that device until the 650 comes out and then might pay for the upgrade. Can't see paying for upgrade to a 600 when the 650 is due in October.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast