Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    itchi, did you get the 600 with camera or without??
    I lost a Sanyo 8100 phone a couple of weeks ago and after calling sprint discovered that I would not be eligible for a discount until next august. So I headed to e-bay to look for a replacement. Unfortunately I found that my phone was still quite expensive and decided that the Treo 300 was cheaper and probably contained about 3X the functionality so I gave it a shot at $51. Turns out I couldn't access portions of the vision menu that I used to be able to, no matter what I did. I called Sprint and they told me to go to the store.

Upon going to the store and having the phone tested I was told everything was fine and I shouldn't worry about it. But I explained that I liked the features that were missing and he told me that he would order me a replacement at no charge. He then realized they no longer had 300's and said, "well, I guess you're getting a 600." I should note at this point that I bought this phone off e-bay, so I had no warranty, no insurance, and the ESN showed up as out of warranty with Sprint. Nevertheless, I just picked it up today and everything works now. Woohoo Oh, and it has the camera

-A very happy Sprint customer (despite the 2.5 hours spent on line combined over the two visits )
    $10 warranty replacement is an awesome 600 w/the camera. have been using it for 4 days now, and don't know how I got along with the 300 for so long. this is a great phone. djb.
    my replacement came today. i now am the proud owner of a spanking new treo 600...with camera
    SLG06 was it a new 600 or Refurb?
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

It is new. It came in the regular box and with all the regular accessories and documentation.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    *drool* so question remains, use 18month rebate and get an [edit]lg 325[/edit] or activate treo....or both? o,O

sorry, i accidently said 'lg 6225'....
    Last edited by rshaan; 12/15/2004 at 06:49 PM.
    I tried to get my broken hing 300 replaced today and was -shot- down. If I had insurance I might have been able to get it replaced, but if I knew it was going to break, I would have bought the insurance - vicious cycle. I also didn't realize it was a common problem - sounds more like a DEFECT to me than damage. Defects should be covered by the manufacturer and not the consumer.

The only thing offered to me was the $150 rebate on a new phone purchase since I've been a customer for more than 18 months. The problem is that a new 600 or 650 is over $500 - and it's a mail in rebate so I'd have to pay full price now and then get my money back - someday.

I noticed on eBay the 600s are going for less than $200 - very tempting now.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    if you can find a 600 on ebay for less than $200 thats a steal
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    but first buy free ish fone w/ the 150 rebate and sell it off on ebay
    My Treo270 hinge was broken again today. This is my 3rd in a year.
    I am going to file a complaint to palmone.com and comsumer protection organization in Taiwan.

"Defects should be covered by the manufacturer and not the consumer."

Quote Originally Posted by DataDave
    I tried to get my broken hing 300 replaced today and was -shot- down. If I had insurance I might have been able to get it replaced, but if I knew it was going to break, I would have bought the insurance - vicious cycle. I also didn't realize it was a common problem - sounds more like a DEFECT to me than damage. Defects should be covered by the manufacturer and not the consumer.

The only thing offered to me was the $150 rebate on a new phone purchase since I've been a customer for more than 18 months. The problem is that a new 600 or 650 is over $500 - and it's a mail in rebate so I'd have to pay full price now and then get my money back - someday.

I noticed on eBay the 600s are going for less than $200 - very tempting now.
    I have lockline...bought the phone from ebay and the lockline said that I'd be getting the 600 as a replacement (yessss)...I liked the 300 but the hinge did me dirty today. Funny thing is...I had to "remind" her that the treo 300 was no longer available....should be here within 3 days (deductable was 50 bucks!)
    well I tried, my trusty 300 lasted a LONG time before it broke. Tried to add lockline but was TD'd b/c it was more then 30 days. I'm not sure the Sprint PCS person ever told me that when I add my phone.

Oh well.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Got my treo 600 today.

Yesssssss

even though I can't Hotsync to save my life.....

grrrrrrrrrr
    I did not buy my T300 from a Sprint store, will I still be able to get a replacement?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    yes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    So is pretty much everyone getting a 600 now from lockline?
    I'm getting ready to activate my treo 300 that I bought on ebay. should I have the insurance put on when I activate it?
    You need to add insurance within 30 days of activation of your "new' phone.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Called Lockline on Sunday to report a broken lid on my 300 (the third time this has happened) and a 600 arrived today.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast