Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Exactly, and thats the reason I love insurance. I didnt have it a few years ago when I had cingular and a nokia 7000 series phone. It broke and I had to pay for a new phone. Oh, I will know on thursday what phone I will be getting, cause thats the day it will be here by! Hooray for new phones!
    Of course now that I think about it, she said that shes putting in the order for a 300, but who knows, may it will end being a 600. I hate waiting for stuff
    The red cable that goes up to the earpiece from the handset broke today. I am glad that I Called in my insurance yesterday.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    My hinge finally broke (and I was trying to be so careful, too). So I went to the Sprint store (E86th. St. NYC), not sure what I would get. They said that,since it wasn't anything I did, it would be replaced without charging the insurance. When he looked up the replacement, it said it would be replaced with a Treo 600. I'm getting it in two days.

One question, will my 300 charger, etc. work with the 600?
    Yes, your charger will work with your 600. Oh, and my replacement shall be delivered today. So the countdown to the grand revelation comes. 300 or 600? We shall soon know
    Last edited by wes2004; 08/25/2004 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Wasnt done
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924
    My hinge finally broke (and I was trying to be so careful, too). So I went to the Sprint store (E86th. St. NYC), not sure what I would get. They said that,since it wasn't anything I did, it would be replaced without charging the insurance. When he looked up the replacement, it said it would be replaced with a Treo 600. I'm getting it in two days.

One question, will my 300 charger, etc. work with the 600?
    They are far nicer at your Sprint store than they are at mine. When I originally went in there with the battery not holding a charge problem they just kept saying .... it's not replaceable (the internal battery) and you don't have insurance .... so here's what a new phone costs. I even work for a MAJOR corporation and called the Sprint Sales/Support desk that's dedicated to our company and they just keep giving me the same runaround on my battery and now lid problems .... just offering me credits toward a new phone ... but not a new phone. So if you got a 600 in store for a broken 300 consider yourself VERY fortunate.
    good luck i called lockline to replace my t300 i asked do you have any 300's in stock they were like yea a **** load, in not so many words,
    Well, it was a 300. So hopefully this one will hold up a little better. and lets hope the battery is much better too.
    You may want to consider ordering another battery (depending on how long you plan to go with the 300). You can get one for $9 (until Sept 30) at http://sales.goldmine-elec.com/prodinfo.asp?prodid=8792. The battery may actually be for the 270 cause the wires are on other side from what the original battery was so I had to flip the battery over in the case ... but it works very well and worth $9! I've seen OEM batteries for the Treo 300 for $40 elsewhere.
    im gonna give it a week or so and see what happens. so far so good though
    Well, i just had my first problem with my new treo. And in the strangest place. The Edit Speed Dial Button selection. I choose it to move some numbers and here come FATAL Alert/ FATAL EXECPTION RESET. I was gonna hard reset, but I'm not even gonna waste my time with that. I'll just take it to the store tommorrow after work and get them to test it. I know that its in a very trivial place, but its still not working.

And for those of you in the audience keeping count. This is #2. Even though the first was my fault(but the battery was awful too)
    Last edited by wes2004; 08/26/2004 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Just because
    i just had to replace my 300 under the insurance. they sent me a refurb'ed 300 that seems like brand new. i didn't really want a 600, still had my original 300 over 2 years old! i will be moving to the 650 when it arrives, but mainly because i want the bluetooth to go with my new toyota prius. but other than that, i still like the 300 just fine and prefer the flip to protect the screen...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    wentto the store. they didnt even test it. they just put in the order for the new one. I did notice on their order sheet on the computer screen that it said LOW QTY beside the 300. so this confirms that their supply is rather limited
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Well, I got my Treo 600. It is a refurb and I just got the phone, nothing else. The problem is that it won't connect to my computer to sync. I'm using the cable I used with the 300. I downloaded the Treo 600 desktop, but it won't connect. Could it be the cable or is it the phone?
    my friend broke is treo 300 and got a 600 from the store. My hinge is cracked, so I went to the same store and they said I had to call the insurace to get a new phone. I just got my refurbished 300 - I was hoping for the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by webninja
    my friend broke is treo 300 and got a 600 from the store. My hinge is cracked, so I went to the same store and they said I had to call the insurace to get a new phone. I just got my refurbished 300 - I was hoping for the 600.
    its all depend on luck

my friend is debating should he send the phone for replacement or not its a risk of $35 u know...

so did you pay $35?

last time when i called sprintpcs and i asked the rep.. do you still have treo300 she said we don't have any treo in stock ... well after i hear from you then i believe that its pure ur luck to get treo 300 or 600
    I think it's more likely whether you're still within warranty or not. If you notice, all the people that got a 600 got one in store. The store won't do ANYTHING for you if you are out of warranty, they tell you to buy a new phone if you don't have the insurance -or- call the insurance company if you do. If you submit a claim to the insurance company, you get a 300. So I don't think there's really any LUCK to it.
    Just got my replacement from the insurance company, must be out of refurbished 300's cause they sent me a brand spanking new 300 ... shrinkwrapped and everything ... with all accessories. I'm happier than a pig in you know what.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I just got my replacement from Lockline and it was a refurbished Treo 300.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Big00 has an excellent point. I bet hes right about the insurance vs the warranty. Last I heard they have boatloads of 300's saved.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast