Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone with degraded reception/"no service" issues after installing the Sprint 1.20 updater found a solution?

    Previous to the update, I could use my T600 consistently in my office without a problem -- even stream music from ShoutCast. Now, I can't make voice calls or download data at all at that location.

    I've had numerous conversations with Sprint tech support (including Tier 2) and received a replacement phone (also 1.20), but so far the issue isn't resolved. Tier 2 suggested I get the Sprint store to find me a phone with 1.10, but according to the store, all phones coming from the warehouse already have 1.20.

    Please post if you've had this issue, whether you found a solution or not.

    Thanks.

    ~~~~~
  2. #2  
    Yep ... a new (warranty replacement) phone. Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Yep ... a new (warranty replacement) phone. Good luck.
    Are you saying get a new vs. refurbished phone? I tried to get a new phone, but refurbished is all they'd give me. And, it didn't solve the problem, presumably because it also has 1.20.

    ~~~~~
  4. #4  
    yup. me too. post update-no web-sprint couldn't reprovision; new (refurb) phone 1 week later, 1.2 update installed. no probs since, except, of course, for quirks associated with the "refurb" phone. but I'll live with them for now.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLuvr
    Has anyone with degraded reception/"no service" issues after installing the Sprint 1.20 updater found a solution?

    Previous to the update, I could use my T600 consistently in my office without a problem -- even stream music from ShoutCast. Now, I can't make voice calls or download data at all at that location.

    I've had numerous conversations with Sprint tech support (including Tier 2) and received a replacement phone (also 1.20), but so far the issue isn't resolved. Tier 2 suggested I get the Sprint store to find me a phone with 1.10, but according to the store, all phones coming from the warehouse already have 1.20.

    Please post if you've had this issue, whether you found a solution or not.

    Thanks.

    ~~~~~
    The "no service" problem you are having is the same as the "network search" problem that you may have read about in other threads here at treocentral. My phone was having the "network search" problem before the upgrade but after the upgrade it says "no service" instead, but all the other symptoms are the same (phone/pda functions freeze if a call is coming in, if I'm trying to dial out, after a few seconds, you get "no service" on the screen and then it drops the attempt to call out and you're back at the dialpad).

    If you received a refurb phone, see if the serial number falls within the range of the phones that have been reported as having the "network search" problem.
  6. #6  
    I believe that Pa1mOne and Sprint haven't a clue about the range of devices affected. My "Hardware Revision C" unit was "No Network"ing on me like crazy, and yet neither the Sprint Store, Sprint customer service, or the "Vision Specialists" (level one) had a clue about this issue. It was only when I pressed on to an upper-level "Vision" tech that I got them to RMA it- as he had just handled an identical call from someone with "hardware C revision." Back up your data religiously, and if you EVER see the "no network" symptom pop up in a 4-bar area, and/or have a spontaneous reset- run, don't walk to your nearest pay phone and press on until you get a "Vision Specialist" (or your cell provider's equivalent name for 3G service) to send you a replacement phone before the problem gets worse.
  7. #7  
    Wow I should have looked here sooner...
    My rev C sprint t600 w/1.20 has been doing No Service constantly. I'll have anywhwere from 1 to full bars, in a sprint coverage area, and the status will say "Sprint" just fine, but receive a call or try to make a call and immediately it blips out and No Service, call drops, few seconds later it's back sitting idle showing "Sprint".

    I thought it was just going bad because I haven't been exceedingly kind to my phone over the year I've had it.

    I just bought a t650 today so the problem is moot for me.

    Word of warning... Don't hot sync using the same user name on a new t650 as you had on your t600. Junk from the t600 gets installed on the t650 and the 650 goes into a reset loop. (For example, the aqua buttons patch) Hard reset and answer yes delete all data cleared it.

    If you actually delete the c:\palm directory between uninstalling the old palm desktop and installing the new, you should be fine to use the same username.

    One coolness: upon walking out of the sprint store with my new t650, I was able to beam several apps directly from phone to phone in a few minutes, including audible.com player and swap the SD card over (where all the audible books and mp3's actually reside) and audible.com worked without any fuss. I thought for sure I'd have to get back to my pc that has the registered copy of the desktop audible manager and deactivate/activate portable devices. But nope, I got to listen to my books the rest of the day as if nothing happened.

    btw, the t650 is sweeeeet.
    the silver-ice-blue color even matches my hp zd7000 laptop better
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani

Posting Permissions