Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My treo 300 broke. I had sprint's $4/mo insurance.
    Filed a claim, paid my $35, and since they have no 300's, they sent me a refurb 600!!!!!

Whooo hoooo!
    nice!
    sounds like you got a serious hookup!
    Sweet! Did it come with the 1.20 update already installed?
    hot damn!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    There is a GOD and he is good!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    wow im jealous
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    nice!

lmao... i love that avatar, bro... one of my favs.... clerks! lol
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Sweet! Did it come with the 1.20 update already installed?
    I'm actually not sure. I did run the 1.2 update and it went w/o complaint.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Sounds Trollish to me. I see plenty of t300s in the Sprint stores. Its too soon for them to disappear from the face of the earth. I would like confirmation; not to say you are misdirecting the board, it just doesnít t sound correct. Or its just an isolated occurrence.
    Or maybe Iíll get a $99.00 Treo300 and then pay $4 for life line then make a claim.
    Lets see 103.00 + S&H + $35.00 WoW. Iím on my way to EBAY right now!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    lmao... i love that avatar, bro... one of my favs.... clerks! lol
    lol thanks. it's not from clerks. it's from office space. the scene where Micheal Bolton is beating up the printer.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Sounds Trollish to me. I see plenty of t300s in the Sprint stores. Its too soon for them to disappear from the face of the earth. I would like confirmation; not to say you are misdirecting the board, it just doesnít t sound correct. Or its just an isolated occurrence.
    Or maybe Iíll get a $99.00 Treo300 and then pay $4 for life line then make a claim.
    it's a matter of if the store he got it from had any treo300's left. Maybe they didn't have it in stock AT THAT MOMENT. for example, say you buy PDA from best buy and buy the extended warranty. The PDA dies and you return to Best Buy to ask them to oblige the warranty. They will never bother to send this back to the factory for repairs. Instead, they'll just give you a new one. Oh but wait, no more in stock! They are obligated to give you SOMETHING equivalent or higher. I spoke to a Best Buy guy about this. It's not trollish or improbable. It happens all the time.

In fact, things like this have happened to people I know with other electronics. It has nothing to do with insurance though - just an extended warranty - which is kinda/sorta the same thing.
  13.    #13  
    I won't guarantee similar exp. for everyone, but i know everyone who has the $4/mo equipment insurance w/sprint utilizes the lockline company for insurance claims.

I was on the phone with a sprint tech support rep, asking him to extend me the discounted $450 price on the 600 since I was at 17 months of my 18 month waiting period to qualify for the upgrade pricing. He refused, but suggested that I might get a 600 instead of a 300 if i made a claim with lockline, if they didn't have any 300's to send as replacements.

I thought this unlikely, but needed a phone anyway so put in my claim. Lockline couldn't tell me what phone I would receive as a replacement (but cancelled my insurance since this was my 2nd claim in 12 months!!!) and I got off the phone feeling like I had made a mistake (cancelled insurance, $35 deductible for what was likely a phone I didn't want anyway, 1 month away from being able to get the 600...).

The box arrived a couple days later with a refurb 600! Without any other evidence, my assumption is that they don't have any 300's to give out and so had to give me a 600. Especially interesting is that the sprint support rep mentioned this possibility, so maybe he knew something?
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    After much wishing, one of our Treo 300's hinges broke a few months back. I had gotten it from Circuit City and since they didn't sell them anymore, I was expecting/hoping that they would give me a full price refund (based on someone posting here to that effect). Sadly, they gave me an 800 number to call and whoever it was ended up sending me a new Treo 300. Ah well. I still need to get around to eBaying it. My other Treo 300 is now being used by my wife, so maybe we should activate the Sprint insurance plan for it?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Two weeks ago I went in with my old Kyocera 6035 (actually it was my 3rd replacement) I had been using since they first came out over 3 years ago. It had failed just as my others had by getting stuck in PDA mode even when the cover was closed.

I just had hopes that they still had replacements in stock because I've been holding out waiting for Sprint to release a decent (to me) PPC phone.

You can imagine how shocked I was when they offered to replace it with a Treo 600 (albeit a refurb)!! Not only did they swap the phone, but they swapped my accessories as well! That included an extra sync cable and travel charger. They couldn't swap my cradle because they didn't have one in stock.

I had been contemplating moving to Verizon if they came out with a phone I preferred. But, needless to say, I think I will continue to hang with Sprint and wait it out.

I didn't make any demands or threats to leave. I fully expected them to say that they could no longer fix a phone that was long out of warranty and that the best they could do was to offer the $150 rebate on a new phone. I don't doubt that the number portability has caused them to rethink some of they customer service issues.

I hope others can be as lucky as I was
    Guy in my office had same thing - 300 not working, they gave him a refurb 600...no trolling!
    Quote Originally Posted by geezlouise14
    My treo 300 broke. I had sprint's $4/mo insurance.
    Filed a claim, paid my $35, and since they have no 300's, they sent me a refurb 600!!!!!

Whooo hoooo!
    GAME ON!
    ooops! office space. yes. haha.

im sure that avatar is the approximate reaction of many of those who are on their 3rd to 4th treo replacements. not funny to many im sure, but possibly appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    im sure that avatar is the approximate reaction of many of those who are on their 3rd to 4th treo replacements. not funny to many im sure, but possibly appropriate.
    Those people on their 3rd/4th replacement helped make it possible for folks like geezlouise14 to get one for $35 .

And given issues with the recent update I'm sure there will be more refurbs available soon . Many folks will simply dump their Treo 600 for another instead of trying to resolve the issues.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts

O.K. others have confirmed... no tolling alarm is off...
    words are hard to eat on a pc...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast