1.    #1  
    I just got an SMS message to update my Treo 600 to 1.20. But I thought I already had. When I check on the "about" settings I'm showing PalmOne Phone 1.0. But I already downloaded and ran the 1.20 upgrade. I never bothered to check to see if the version number changed with the upgrade when I did, but now I'm wondering if I've somehow reverted to the pre-update OS.

So, first actual question: Does the Sprint Upgrade to 1.20 actually change the PalmOne about screen to show v.1.20?

If it does, the followup question would be whether anyone else has upgraded and then had their Treo 600 strangely revert back to 1.0?

I don't want to re-run the 1.20 update if I can help it since I haven't actually had any show-stopper problems and I'd rather not tempt fate.

What say, ye, the people of Treo Central?
    The problem is ... you checked About from the Phone screen. The "Phone" app is at 1.0. Instead, from the Phone app, open the menu and select Phone Info from the Options menu. Check the software line and I believe you'll find "Treo600-1.20-SPR".

Regarding the SMS ... I got it too. They aren't smart enough to know we already applied the patch. As I recall, it happened when the last patch was released earlier in the year as well.
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterX
    The problem is ... you checked About from the Phone screen. The "Phone" app is at 1.0. Instead, from the Phone app, open the menu and select Phone Info from the Options menu. Check the software line and I believe you'll find "Treo600-1.20-SPR".

Regarding the SMS ... I got it too. They aren't smart enough to know we already applied the patch. As I recall, it happened when the last patch was released earlier in the year as well.
    You are correct, Sir! And I thank you for your swift and detailed explanation. Thank god google found this joint when I was doing research for my Treo. A true font of useful information.
    ccubed - if this was your first visit, please make it a habit - this is a great place! come on in, click "new posts" and peruse. use the search function liberally for keywords of interest. and enjoy!