Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have just received the ProClip Treo 600 holster on Tuesday. After 3 days of use, the belt clip broke off. They used the super glue on the back of the holster to hold the quick release clip-button. The little piece of plastic just broke when I was sitting down. Also, I was a little bit confused when I first use the holster. I need to put the top of the Treo into the holster and snap the bottom into the holster. And the holster is too small, it is so difficult to insert the Treo into the holster. It ends up to the holster is hitting my screen. I don't like to use this holster. It is so hard put in and take out.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertreo
    I don't like to use this holster. It is so hard put in and take out.
    While my proclip didn't come unglued, I was surprised when the interchangeable piece easily slipped out from the clip. I am confused also on the design. I would have preferred a hoster with the treo facing out design (I am using a boxwave). What is the point of a quick release clip when you still have to remove the treo from the holster to answer a call? I like the holster idea however. For me it's more useful than a case which covers the keyboard.
    i'm always skeptical of threads that start 'don't buy...', especially when it's their first post. -- they smell of troll.

sorry, yours broke. just return it and ask for a refund. problem solved.

personally, i love my proclip. for me, the top-first clip took about 5 minutes to get used to. i will agree that the removal could be a tad easier but overall, it was exactly what i was looking for.
    Last edited by webslappy; 06/04/2004 at 08:24 PM.
    Having the Treo face inward is great for people who are concerned about the safety of their LCD screen and keyboard while being held on a beltclip.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Having the Treo face inward is great for people who are concerned about the safety of their LCD screen and keyboard while being held on a beltclip.
    I justed ordered a ProClip holster among other things from TreoCentral. If the ProClip was setup so that the Treo faced out instead of in I probably would not have purchased it. I would worry about running something or something hitting the screen.
    I've had the ProClip holster for about10 days now. It's great. The inward facing design provides the protection that so many other carry methods don't have. Another plus is that the speaker is exposed so the ringer is heard much more clearly.

I love it!
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

I've been using it for over a week and love it.
    anyone ever try running with their treo in this holster? is it secure enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeshur
    anyone ever try running with their treo in this holster? is it secure enough?
    i run w\ mine everyday - works like a charm. when I run I put the clip facing inward so the elastic on my shorts keep it snugly in place. it works great. it doesn't move at all.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    What do you mean, don't buy ProClip Holster? It has gotten rave reviews and I will add that it is AWESOME! It is so secure, I don't even think about the possibility of my treo falling anymore.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    What do you mean, don't buy ProClip Holster? It has gotten rave reviews and I will add that it is AWESOME!
    Except the original poster got a defective unit and it wasn't exactly what he wanted anyway, so no one else should buy it, apparently. Sounds like good advice to me. (By "good" I mean "crappy.") Maybe supertreo should change his name back to clarkkenttreo.
    Just got my Proclip today. It is just what I have been looking for except...I can't get the phone out without takinjg the entire thing off my hip and pulling it out with 2 hands. I know it is something simple. Please help.
    Hold bottom of phone with thumb and index finger, then use middle finger to press bottom clip down...slide treo out. Took me about 2 days to get used to, now it's natural.
    I'd actually suggest holding the sides of the phone with thumb and middle fingers, and then using the index to push down the bottom clip. I'll also say that having eGrips helps with the removal process. Helps to make the phone more 'grabby'.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    I'd actually suggest holding the sides of the phone with thumb and middle fingers, and then using the index to push down the bottom clip. I'll also say that having eGrips helps with the removal process. Helps to make the phone more 'grabby'.

But then you have the phone upside down in your hand...the other way it is right side up. I do agree about the egrips though....huge improvement.

-Joe
    Thank you both. Still a little tough but I am sure that I will get used to it soon.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Yeah, the dude with first post is just one unhappy customer. I have had the proclip for a week now, and it's worked flawlessly. Did take like two days to get used to getting it out of the holster tho
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    But then you have the phone upside down in your hand...the other way it is right side up. I do agree about the egrips though....huge improvement.

Hold bottom of phone with thumb and index finger, then use middle finger to press bottom clip down...slide treo out.

-Joe
    hmm - I've tried this, and I'm either physically challenged, or I'm missing something. How can you hold the bottom of the phone with your thumb and index, and then use the middle finger to push out the clip? Are you holding the sides of the phone on the bottom with the thumb/index? How does the middle finger reach over (or under) the index finger, to push out the clip? And doesn't your way also end up with the phone upside down?

I'm always looking for a better way, so clue me in....maybe a pic or two will help me.
    (and this is pretty specific little set of back and forth questions here; I guess we could take this into the land of PMs, but oh well)
    (and this is pretty specific little set of back and forth questions here; I guess we could take this into the land of PMs, but oh well)
    no keep it here. i was wondering the same thing since I read EOJ's post. I don't know how you can do anything w\ your middle finger if your index and thumb are grabbing the sides of the phone. are you both hands to do this?
    hmm - I've tried this, and I'm either physically challenged, or I'm missing something. How can you hold the bottom of the phone with your thumb and index, and then use the middle finger to push out the clip? Are you holding the sides of the phone on the bottom with the thumb/index? How does the middle finger reach over (or under) the index finger, to push out the clip? And doesn't your way also end up with the phone upside down?

I'm always looking for a better way, so clue me in....maybe a pic or two will help me.
    This is closer to on-topic than most threads I see around here...

Yes, I am grabbing the sides of my treo with my thumb and index finger, about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom (just below the side "retainers" on the proclip). My middle finger is below my thumb and index finger....perfectly natural. As i press down on the lower clip with my middle finger, I use my thumb and index finger to pull te treo away and slightly down. The result is I have a "3 finger" grip on the treo, which is right-sdie up and facing me....ie ready to be put up to my ear.

If you're still not getting this, I'll take a pic and post it, although, iirc my holster shipped with a picture that showed this method.

HTH,
    -Joe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast