1.    #1  
    The phone on my treo turns off witht the slightest bump - any clues as to why? Any cure ither than sending back to the factory
    loose battry maybe
    I guess it would be a software issue. I have the same problem. A hard reset might be the answer, but I want to know if it works before I go to the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAWilson
    I guess it would be a software issue. I have the same problem. A hard reset might be the answer, but I want to know if it works before I go to the trouble.
    Try hard reset and battery disconnect reset, if you think it is some kind of a software issue. If everything works normally after the reset, you would still need to address the software issue after you do a hard reset or battery reset.

The battery disconnect restores your phone back to its factory state by draining your battery fully. You need to have access to your battery charger.

Also please make sure you backup first before performing either of these.
    Unless the TREO 600 has a built-in motion sensor the "turns off if bumped" feature is not a software problem.
    I've never had a hardware issue with any computer equipment that I didn't cause myself by tinkering inside the tower. If this is the phone and not the software, I would be suprised and unhappy a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JWC2004
    The phone on my treo turns off witht the slightest bump - any clues as to why? Any cure ither than sending back to the factory
    I'm awaiting my second replacement Treo600. The first had the buzzing and bad call quality, and the replacement had the exact problem you describe. Every time it happens I want to throw this piece of cr@p out the window of my moving car so someone can run over it.

When the guy from customer service suggested a reset I asked him how a software reset was going to fix a problem with the FRICKIN HARDWARE...at that point he said they'd send another unit. I feel your pain dawg.