1. LGA
    My company's voicemail system sends voice messages to our email accounts as a wav file. But I get the unsupported file type error message when I try to download.

What are my options to be able to download and listen to these messages on my Treo 600?

I am using Sprint BizConn to connect to my corporate exchange server.

Thanks,
    Laura
    I use pocket tunes deluxe in conjunction with snappermail. If I receive a wav file in an e-mail, I am able to listen to it on the Treo. If you haven't tried pocket tunes, you might try seeing if it allows you to listen to your wav files that you get in your Spritn BizConn e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by LGA
    My company's voicemail system sends voice messages to our email accounts as a wav file. But I get the unsupported file type error message when I try to download.

What are my options to be able to download and listen to these messages on my Treo 600?

I am using Sprint BizConn to connect to my corporate exchange server.

Thanks,
    Laura
    Yup, you need to download Ptunes in order to listen to wav files. Unfortunately AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $the$ $freeware$ $Real$ $Player$ $for$ $PalmOS$ $only$ $supports$ $mp3$ $and$ $realaudio$ $file$ $types$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. LGA
    Thanks for the info. I am curious about LightWav? From their features list, it says you can use it as a wav player, but then it also mentions using it with PocketTunes to play wav files from RAM. Would I need both applications?
    Lightwav depends on Ptunes for wav/mp3 playback...it does not integrate its own player...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. LGA
    I tried the demo for Pocket Tunes, but I still cannot listen to the wav file. I get the Unsupported File Type error when I try to download. Is it something with the BizConn email?

- Laura
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Lightwav depends on Ptunes for wav/mp3 playback...it does not integrate its own player...
    this is not true. lightwav itself can play wav files no problem and doesnt require pocketTunes. If you launch the wav file from snapperMail for example you can select Lightwav as the target application to receive the wave file and lightwav will play the wave file.

also, if you beam a wave file from another receive such as Palm, pocketPC, phone or desktop lightwav can recieve the wav file and play it.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca