1.    #1  
    On my Treo 600, I am only able to decrease the ringer volume to 1 bar and not to zero bars. The only workaround I have is to go into the Sound Preferences and select Off from Alert Volume.

Is there any way to get the side volume control buttons to get me to zero ringer volume? I do this prior to going to sleep so the phone remains on but it does not alert me in any way, ring or vibe, while I am asleep.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    Just turn off the sound button on the top of the unit. That will leave the phone on but keep it silent.
  3.    #3  
    I have the Sound Mode Off option set to Vibrate On as I use this option when going into an area where I do not want the phone to ring.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    I don't know of any software for this but does the vibrating wake you? I can barely feel it, let alone have it wake me.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I don't know of any software for this but does the vibrating wake you? I can barely feel it, let alone have it wake me.
    Are you kidding me?? Mine dances across the nightstand, and ends up on the floor half the time.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    Are you kidding me?? Mine dances across the nightstand, and ends up on the floor half the time.

Ditto on the floor scenario. Mine is on a dresser and it does wake me.

I just find it odd that via Sound Preferences there is an option for Off (or zero) for the ringer, but when you press the volume key all the way down, it only goes as far as level one.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    all I read are complaints that the vibrate is too weak...and I concur.

Could you put it on a rubber pad or something to prevent it from moving? Or does the vibrate sound alone wake you?
    if it's got eGrips on it, and it's sitting eGrips side down, it won't go anywhere when it vibrates...
    OK, new question. If you don't want to be disturbed sleeping, why do you leave the phone on? There is software that will turn the phone on\off automatically so you won't need to do it manually.