Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    lets say i go to a website in which thier our three formats, wma, mp3 player and real audio to listen live or to listen to archive radio shows on the web, how can i do this using my treo?
    when i click on any of the formats nothing happens..please advise
    thanks
    You need to install the deluxe version of the Pocket Tunes software, and use the URL for the MP3 (Shoutcast) feed.
    That's right, I think you need a shoutcast feed. I found one here http://www.worconline.com/mainold.html but I think the bitrate might be a little too high. If you can find one at 24 or 32 things will work much better.
    WBAP 820 in dallas shows up in the treobits.com shoutcast section under talk. wbap.com is the web site.
    Good suggestion, I tried this out and it works quite well. The bitrate is at 16 or 24 which is fine for pocket tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    WBAP 820 in dallas shows up in the treobits.com shoutcast section under talk. wbap.com is the web site.
    how do i listen to hannity?

There goes the neighborhood. <g>
    You don't need WBAP to get Hannity, for Hannity streams his shows 24/7 by recycling the show every 3 hours. Just use the URL from the hannity.com website for the MP3 feed in Pocket Tunes (streaming MP3 *is* Shoutcast). IOW, use:

http://abcrad.sc.llnwd.net:12020/listen.pls

The bitrate is perfect on my Sprint T600.
    ...isn't the question WHY do you listen to hannity...?

That said, streaming MP3 through Pocket Tunes works very well on many talk formats (IMO not so great on music and other higher bitrate formats).

Good luck with him.
    The next question is.........How can we listen to RUSH on our Treo.

Anyone know how? That would be excellent!!!!!

(I know that question will p*** off the lis on this forum.)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JsanchezCPA
    The next question is.........How can we listen to RUSH on our Treo.

Anyone know how? That would be excellent!!!!!

(I know that question will p*** off the lis on this forum.)
    A good question regardless of the content of the stream.
    It would be nice to know if the radio station streams (typically talk and news stations) can easily be monitored from the Treo 600.

Rob
    WBAP streams Rush also. See my earlier post.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    WBAP streams Rush also. See my earlier post.
    Are you offering up WBAP in particular because it has the lineup folks have asked for, or because their stream is more Treo friendly than lets say other boradcasters' (WABC's, WMAL's, etc.) feeds?

Unfortunately, its 13 days and counting (plus MANY calls to my old and new carriers to get my telephone number ported), so all of this is simply speculation and preparation for me...my Treo is currently ONLY a PDA.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    skip hannity ---- go franken!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Another good site for the Rush/Hannity lineup with some very good local talent mixed in is wlsam.com They have an mp3 link on their site for listening through Pocket Tunes, and prolly the most Treo-friendly streaming rate/reliability of any station I have.
    Can't believe this one hasn't come up yet -- what about HOWARD STERN (live)??? I live in an Infinity area and they dropped him!! Ughh! I know that there are some recoreded shoutcast versions of Stern -- anyone know of a live one? If you can help me, my next child will have your name!!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Streamerp2p.com

I bring Stern in with that, and then run Shoutcast out to myself.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Ugh on Franken. He will be history with that libnet pretty shortly.

Back to strategy.

I listen to Rush and Hannity every day. The key is this. If you can live with it not being live, I use ReplayRadio on my computer. (Replay-radio.com). This lets you program your computer to record hundreds of radio programs including hannity and rush, automatically and it saves it to an mp3. Then each night I copy it to my 512mb SD chip and pop it in my treo. Then I listen when I work out and when I'm in car with my irock fm converter.

Quality is perfect, but best part is I skip the 40% commercials you get on rush and hannity so you can listen to 3 hours in well under 2.

Big problem with streaming is I assume it chews up the battery since you are on an internet connection, quality is probably low due to limited bandwith, and most important, I don't think you can receive any calls.
    Mark F Chinsky
    105.3 in Dallas for stern
    Is there a howard feed or other talk shows and are there any live ones......

Please
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast