Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes, there doesn't appear to be a Listen Live feature with MP3 streaming at 105.3 Dallas. As far as I know (and this according to Sternas well), there is no legal streaming feed for Howard Stern's show. There was a mention of it on Shoutcast once, but haven't seen it since.
    go to shoutcast.com and search for "105.3" It is 105.3 in dallas and yes, stern is streamed on all weekdays.
    You're the Man! Now if only he'd stay on the air...
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    You're the Man! Now if only he'd stay on the air...

true
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I used to listen to him for about 4 years about 10 years ago. However it came to the point where you could take any show from years before, stick it on and you would never know. The same jokes, same sex stuff etc...I guess I got old or something...
    Mark F Chinsky
    I must agree, but this is basically true of life. Some days you're just ready and willing to laugh at the same jokes.
  8.    #28  
    so if i wanted to go to one of these radio station websites, i need to do it through shoutcast? or do i do it thru ptunes? or can i go directly to the site and play the mp3's which i am still having probs with...
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    so if i wanted to go to one of these radio station websites, i need to do it through shoutcast? or do i do it thru ptunes? or can i go directly to the site and play the mp3's which i am still having probs with...
    thanks
    You go to them through ptunes -- just open the URL of the stream in ptunes. Shoutcast is useful for identifying stations that broadcast MP3 streams and identifying the URLs of the streams.

IIRC, ptunes will establish itself as the default handler for MP3 files, so you ought to be able to browse sites in Blazer and play the MP3s -- not 100% on this latter statement, though.
  10.    #30  
    ok, but for some reason i can not seem to find on my ptunes 2.3.4 the ability to open a url...coul;d, you tell me where to find it.
    thanks
    I'm not able to find 105.3 Dallas on the shoutcast site, can someone post the link?
    I listen to Rush on both wbap(Dallas-Ft. Worth) and wlsam (Chicago)
    Hannity is also on at least one of these stations

WBAP starts at 1:00 so if you miss the first hour this is the way to go also the bitrate is lower than wslam. Here are the URLS to type into PTunes

WlSAM is live

WBAP:
    http://abcrad.sc.llnwd.net:12030/listen.pls

WLSAM
    TNptPLS://000100000033http://abcrad.sc.llnwd.net:12015

For those on Sprint who are wondering about data usage, I average around 2.5 hours a day of listening during the work week, haven't heard anything from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    ...isn't the question WHY do you listen to hannity...?

Not sure...HOW is a good question. I mean, I've tried, but within a couple of minutes you just want to slap him for being such a schmuck. Oh well. How and Why indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonstop
    I'm not able to find 105.3 Dallas on the shoutcast site, can someone post the link?
    Found it, apparently it only streams (as thus only shows up)in the morning while Stern is on?

66.54.67.131:8192 Appears to be 1 hour behind, makes sense since Dallas is central time.
  15.    #35  
    ON any 3.x versions of ptunes how do i open a url, do i need to do it first in shoutcast and then by default it will play thru ptunes or do i have to go to the url thru ptunes which in tht case i upgraded to version 3.0 but cant find a way to do this...please help
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonstop
    66.54.67.131:8192 Appears to be 1 hour behind, makes sense since Dallas is central time.
    This url appears to only take you to the website. By entering 66.54.67.131:8192/listen.pls into blazer, it loaded up the url and saved it to Ptunes
    Is it possible to listen to sports broadcasts? Such has college football games through yahoo radio? What about with MLB.com streaming audio?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    Is it possible to listen to sports broadcasts? Such has college football games through yahoo radio? What about with MLB.com streaming audio?

The only streaming broadcasts available in Ptunes and the Treo is shoutcast. MLB.com is not available as shoutcast. You may be able to get some local sports events on stations that do use shoutcast. Check the shoutcast site for a listing of whats available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    This url appears to only take you to the website. By entering 66.54.67.131:8192/listen.pls into blazer, it loaded up the url and saved it to Ptunes
    It'll work if you enter it into PTunes, otherwise if you go through Blazer your way works as well. I'm just glad I've got Stern in every city I go to now. 8D
  20.    #40  
    how do you enter a url into ptunes??
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast