1.    #1  
    Hi, I just got my Treo 600 yesterday for Cingular, and I upgraded the firmware last night and everything seemed to work fine until I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone this morning and she kept complaining about hearing a lot of background noise. She described this noise to be like a river/stream or as if i was driving on the freeway (I was sitting in our living room where it is silent except for the whirring of computer fans). Anyhow, I was wondering if this is what people refer to as the "buzz problem" or if the buzz problem is a distinct buzzing sound (ie somethign that sounds more like interfereance or something electronic than a running river).
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    when you can here bees buzzing but can't tell where they are yet.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  3.    #3  
    another thing... i'v heard from a couple of people that they hear an echo of themselves, which i don't hear. when i turn down the heandset volume, they say the echo goes away. is this related to the "buzz problem"? or is this "normal" for the treo?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Those are 2 different problems. Not necessarily related.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonchang
    another thing... i'v heard from a couple of people that they hear an echo of themselves, which i don't hear. when i turn down the heandset volume, they say the echo goes away. is this related to the "buzz problem"? or is this "normal" for the treo?
    I get the same thing when someone calls me and I'm next to a computer screen, a TV or any electronic device for that matter. It really defeats the purpose of having a cell phone if you have to talk outside all the time. Try calling your treo from your house phone and you'll hear that same buzzing sound.
    I don't know what's causing it. I just recently started getting it and it's really annoying me.
  6.    #6  
    I noticed an echoing sound that's really bad and it happens when my battery reaches about 55-60%. both parties can hear it and usually it happens after a call has been initiated for a few minutes.

I'm assuming this is a warrenty replacement type of problem?
    I get a hissing sound which is baffling to me as I thought the digital service would be silent background.