Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    How do i find out the date the phone was manufactured, i know its somewhere on the phone.
    There were a couple posts with this info before the crash, but I don't see any now.

Using my phone as an example:

Code:
    HS SN: HBSAD3451A25Z
                ^^^^
                ||||
                |||`-> day of week
                |||
                |``==> week of year
                |   
                `----> last digit of year
    Week 45 of 2003 was Nov 2-8

My warranty date is 11-03-2003 (from ##786)

ERicJ
    Well I suppose this could apply to any replacement in general...When you were told you were going to get a refurbished phone, did you all just get the phone itself or all the goodies (as if you bought it brand new)? I ask because I thought I was getting a refurb but to me it appears as if it's new, for the very reasons I just described (ie another charger, case, headset, etc)

Just curious....thanks!

_Al
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLuvr
    The second update file I downloaded today didn't fix the problem. Maybe there's more than one corrupt file. I may download and try a different one tomorrow, but most likely I'll be off to the Sprint store to get another Treo. Maybe third time will be a charm.

I was s-o-o-o happy before this happened.

~~~~~
    I received another refurbished phone today. It didn't have the 1.20 update installed, but it still has the network search problem. I talked to Tier 2 support again and was told NOT to accept another phone within the suspect range.

Guess I'll have to brandish a weapon when I go back to the Sprint store this time. Wish me luck.
    Funny...I had the network search issue (although not as intensive as you guys). My issue was that after 12am my phone would usually start to search network and I would not get any service untill the next day and sometimes not until I turned it off and on.

My boyfriend tried to upgrade to FW3.04 from FW1.09 (I believe) but it locked my phone so we settled for FW1.12.
    It worked perfectly b/c FW1.12 has an option (in the select network) where you can select the band you want to use.
    When it was in 'auto' search the searching network would occur and it would never find my service provider, but when I went and selected 900/1800 it would find my service provider (and all other providers) without fault.
    I'm on Sprint, so there's no option other than to roam or not roam. I wouldn't mind roaming, but it didn't help. I still had the same issue.

Going to pick up a NEW phone this afternoon that is outside of the ESNs of affected units. I'll post an update. Hopefully, it will be good news.
    I got my replacement yesterday it is way outside the ESNs that are affected. Does anyone know where that range of ESNs came from? Is it even legit? Anyway so far so good with the replacement as far as network search goes. However the screen has gone blank white twice today.when I switched apps while on the phone
    My replacement is on the way. I had to drive to two different sprint stores yesterday to finally get it handled. I will be taking in that range of numbers and make sure mine isn't in it. You should of seen the guys face when I handed him a print out of that document. "Where did you get this? They sent it to you?" I just said, "Yep, where's my new phone?"
    --
    Visit www.throwingtoasters.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I got my replacement yesterday it is way outside the ESNs that are affected. Does anyone know where that range of ESNs came from? Is it even legit? Anyway so far so good with the replacement as far as network search goes. However the screen has gone blank white twice today.when I switched apps while on the phone
    Yes, the ESN range is ligitimate. It's contained in an email that I saw from Sprint tech support of known technical issues. Also, I spoke to two Tier 2 support techs who verified that it's a real issue.

I received my NEW T600 (1.10) yesterday with an ESN outside of the range. Network Search does not appear to be an issue with this phone. It has much better reception than the two refurbished phones I received. But alas, although I can now receive SMSs in my office, the signal is still not as strong as it was before May 14.

Sprint is sending someone out to investigate. I realize that foliage may be an issue. But surely that wouldn't account for such a dramatic loss of service. On May 13, I could stream music through pTunes. On May 14 (after installing the 1.20 upgrade), I couldn't even make a voice call.
    Got my replacement yesterday. So far so good. It's already updated to 1.20 for me and the only problem (so far) is no more Handspring logo. :-( I kinda liked having that on there. Oh well. Good to be able to receive calls and not have it lock up. ESN was way outside the affected range.

Grant
    --
    Visit www.throwingtoasters.com
    My phone falls within that ESN range and is having the same issues. However, we no longer have a Sprint store within 100 miles. Is there a phone number I can call to get this phone replaced via shipping it?

Thanks.
    Try Tier 2 Support. If that doesn't work, try the Corporate Office. All of Sprint's numbers are available on http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com. It's an independent site. Good luck.
    Isn't the 45th week in Dec? Even if it is in Nov, your SN decode can't be right because my phone was was shipped to me in Oct 03 and my SN is HBSAD3457 which says the the phone was shipped to me in Oct of 03 (as vaporware?), then it was magically manufactured in Nov 03?

Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    There were a couple posts with this info before the crash, but I don't see any now.

Code:
                ^^^^
                ||||
                |||`-> day of week
                |||
                |``==> week of year
                |   

ERicJ
    For the last 24 hours my phone has been unusable. I called Sprint and told them about this and he had me do a PRL update on my phone. Once I did this my phone again became usable. I guess I will wait and see how things go, just call Sprint (if on there network) and ask for this to be done.

Later
    Quote Originally Posted by z-extreme
    For the last 24 hours my phone has been unusable. I called Sprint and told them about this and he had me do a PRL update on my phone.
    LOL, I feel like that is Sprint's answer to every problem there ever was with any phone. I could call up and say, "My earpiece failed me. I can't hear anyone." They would put me on hold and say, "Ahh, I see the problem, I need you to hang up and dial *2 to update the PRL software on your phone." Call them and tell them you're having billing issues with your nights not starting at 7 like they are supposed to and they'll have you do a PRL update.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ

Code:
                ^^^^
                ||||
                |||`-> day of week
                |||
                |``==> week of year
                |   

Isn't the 45th week in Dec? Even if it is in Nov, your SN decode can't be right because my phone was was shipped to me in Oct 03 and my SN is HBSAD3457 which says the the phone was shipped to me in Oct of 03 (as vaporware?), then it was magically manufactured in Nov 03?
    You can use your Treo's calendar to confirm when week 45 of 2003 was.

Interesting, this decode scheme passed muster with many other users in the thread now lost to the crash... What is your warranty date?
    TreoLuvr,

How did you get Sprint to send you a replacement? When I call them, they tell me that the ONLY way I can get a replacement is by going to the store. This would be my second replacement and the first time around was no picnic (it appears my current, refurbished Treo is in the ESN range with the network search problem. The phone was working well for four months but is now exhibiting the problem.).

So, is there some different number you callled? I don't want to have to go to the store, have some bozo tell me that it passes the diagnostics, then have to convince them there is a problem, then have to wait ten days for a replacement to be sent to the store, then have to drive back to the store. Sprint is so difficult to do business with. Although I was paying a ton more, when I had a problem with my Verizon phone it was a simple trip to the store, a thirty second explanation and then a new phone.

Thanks....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12