1.    #1  

I know Pocket Tunes offer Live Streaming Radio through ShoutCast, but is there Live Streaming Video also available for the Treo600??? Any program or service (Besides MobiTV offered by SprintPCS, but not compatible with Treo600)???

Also, does anyone know what's the best way to watch movies on the Treo600??? How do I do it??? Kinoma??? MMPlayer??? Pocket-DVD Studio??? (I'm not too familiar with MMPlayer & Pocket-DVD Studio).

Hope someone can help me out and make my Treo600 kickass too!!! THANX!!!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thats a good question 600RR. Whats the best mp3 player out? I'm getting PocketTunes this week unless there's something better out.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
  3.    #3  
    Hey Steve... I currently use Pocket Tunes Version 2.3.4 Deluxe. It works great and I use ShoutCast all the time too. In conjunction, I also use LightWav to manage/assign ringtones and alerts (LightWav allows you to use MP3's as ringtones and alerts using Pocket Tunes).

Steve, I also checked out your thread on "What's under the hood". You have some pretty great programs!!! How does VeriChat, 4.0Student, Documents To Go 6, and OmniRemote work??? I never tried any of those. I used to have a Remote App, but the IR on the Treo600 is too weak.

Anyhow, I'm still in the search for the best way to watch movies on the Treo600. How do I do it??? I also currently use Kinoma and Kinoma Producer but is wondering if there's another/better way. MMPlayer??? Pocket-DVD Studio??? (Like I said, I'm not too familiar with MMPlayer & Pocket-DVD Studio).

Once again, hope someone can help me out and make my Treo600 kickass too!!!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6OORR
    Hey Steve... I currently use Pocket Tunes Version 2.3.4 Deluxe. It works great and I use ShoutCast all the time too.
    If you use this application often...listening to streams daily or for extended periods, can it affect your Vision (in the case of Sprint for me...) use or initiate caps for high bandwidth use?

Will it work with other streams like Live365 or the internet feeds from radio stations?
    MMplayer, Kinoma and Fireviewer all support streaming video on PalmOS. Kinoma and Fireviewer only stream their own proprietary format while latest MMplayer beta can stream mpg afaikafaikafaik. $Do$ $a$ $search$ $for$ $more$ $info$...

As far as viewing movies on your Treo. Kinoma and Kinoma Producer are the easiest or "most ***** proof" of the applications listed. Producer is very easy to configure and the movies are of decent quality. Of course you sacrifice some features and adjustments for simplicity for user friendliness, but it great for the average users. Pocket DVD Studio is a great tool for ripping DVD's to watch on the Treo (you cannot convert other media fyi). There are various threads on this as well describing settings etc. The DVD's are ripped into avi via xvid codec that can be viewed using mmplayer. The one major advantage of using native avi. mpg etc over Kinoma is that the files are significantly smaller in my experience... Also another useful app is MMplayerJobMaker which is a very neat front end interface to virtualdub that makes ripping palm formated vids much easier...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Are there any sites that specialize in mpg streaming video where we can test MMPlayer?

Does anyone know of a site that takes live TV or broadcasts and converts them to MPG and sends them out over the web similar to what ShoutCast does with audio?

I am still patiently waiting for the Treo600 version of MobiTV.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Palmpixels has some streaming vids you can try...

http://www.palmpixels.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions