Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
  1.    #21  
    Just finished the upgradeto T-Mo from ROW. As mentioned earlier, installed SIAM update first ontop of ROW and then applied the T-Mo update. Phone now says:

    FW: 03.05
    Softw: Treo600-1.12-INT
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    Just finished the upgradeto T-Mo from ROW. As mentioned earlier, installed SIAM update first ontop of ROW and then applied the T-Mo update. Phone now says:

    FW: 03.05
    Softw: Treo600-1.12-INT
    Cool... looks like it worked! And you didn't have to mess about with backtoroots.prc and tokenwriter! I like it. I'll have to try when I get back home tonight.
  3. #23  
    Don't know if anyone read the FAQ on the Tmobile updater, but what caught my attention was the following line amongst the list.

    9. Are any of the menu options or navigations going to change with the upgrade?
    The only menu option or navigation change is the band selector drop-down list that has been added to the Network Search dialog box.

    This should be very interesting. I travel to Europe quite a bit and would be very interesting to see what bands its shows there.

    Personally, I love the automatic ability to find a local band when you travel from say the US to Europe, turn on your Treo and it finds the right band without manually having to switch. (A pain with my older Motorola V66)

    Can anyone who has upgraded list what they see there ? I am also on the ROW update and waiting to see if it makes sense to go to the tmobile firmware or not.

    thanks

    Sunil
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpygupta
    Don't know if anyone read the FAQ on the Tmobile updater, but what caught my attention was the following line amongst the list.

    9. Are any of the menu options or navigations going to change with the upgrade?
    The only menu option or navigation change is the band selector drop-down list that has been added to the Network Search dialog box.

    This should be very interesting. I travel to Europe quite a bit and would be very interesting to see what bands its shows there.

    Personally, I love the automatic ability to find a local band when you travel from say the US to Europe, turn on your Treo and it finds the right band without manually having to switch. (A pain with my older Motorola V66)

    Can anyone who has upgraded list what they see there ? I am also on the ROW update and waiting to see if it makes sense to go to the tmobile firmware or not.

    thanks

    Sunil
    Where is the Network Search dialog box? The nearest thing I can see is the Network Select option under Options in the Phone application. I selected that was given a list of the available networks but I saw nothing about the bands. Am I missing something.

    BTW, I agree about the automatic selection of the correct band when in Europe. I used to go back and forth each time I traveled because I could never remember which was the correct band to use in the US. I'm sure this was a problem with the phone I was using since I'm NEVER responsible for anything I do.

    ...David
  5. #25  
    I finally got through the update. As I stated in an early post, if you have a lot of third party apps installed I recommend the following steps (original list came from a post by Gameboy70 for a Sprint T600).

    1. Download and install Syncall (freeware) from PalmGear to make sure all application data is saved. HotSynch with current profile.
    2. Create new profile (e.g. "Temp") in Palm Desktop or PocketMirror
    3. Hard reset. HotSynch (select the new profile when prompted)
    4. Install update as instructed by program.
    5. Once the update is finished, hard reset and HotSynch (select your original profile when prompted)

    Problems I have observed since updating;
    Klondike gives this error msg "Klondike requires a Palm device with at least 2mb of memory". I have 10MB free (someone else posted this problem as well). I'll try to reinstall it to see if that fixes it.

    ...David
  6. #26  
    Linkie to T-Mobile's FAQ section for the upgrade

    Has anyone rec'vd the above error message when clicking on the GET UPGRADE button at T-Mobile's website:


    Error Diagnostic Information
    An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to the service. The most likely cause of this problem is that the service is not currently running. You can use the 'Services' Control Panel to verify that the service is running and to restart it if necessary. Windows NT error number 2 occurred

    **I've tried access the site on two different WinXP devices...but I am behind a corporate firewall so I don't know if this makes a difference or not.....
    Last edited by BustAGroove; 06/04/2004 at 02:57 PM.
    BAG's Treo-Hip-Lography**Treo 600>SideKick #6****Signup for UPOC-Handspring Treo 600
    <a title="Subscribe to BAG's TextAmerica Blog" href="aim:goim?screenname=blogchangebot&message=subscribe+http://www.bustagroov.textamerica.com"><img src="http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/bcblogo.gif" border="0" vspace="2" hspace="2"/></a>
  7. #27  
    Well I got impatient and went ahead and installed the update. Phone still seems to be unlocked, my co-worker's Cingular SIM worked just fine in it. Woohoo!
  8. #28  
    OK...looks like they fixed the webpage for the update...I'm downlading the update now from T-Mobile's website... moving on .....
    BAG's Treo-Hip-Lography**Treo 600>SideKick #6****Signup for UPOC-Handspring Treo 600
    <a title="Subscribe to BAG's TextAmerica Blog" href="aim:goim?screenname=blogchangebot&message=subscribe+http://www.bustagroov.textamerica.com"><img src="http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/bcblogo.gif" border="0" vspace="2" hspace="2"/></a>
  9. #29  
    Go here http://www.electronhut.com/download/ to download the latest T600 version of Klondike. This is only necessary if you get the error message I mentioned in a previous post. Judging by the other posts on TC this is fairly common problem.

    ...David
  10. #30  
    This is a followup to my earlier post:
    I updated via the backup to SD card > Hard Restart/Erase > upgrade Firmware > restore from SD card = Happy.

    I reported that I had a soft reset issue with WorldMate and that was solved by a delete and reinstall and now that is fine.

    I would still love an answer to my earlier question: Is there a way to remove the T-Mobile UGLY splash graphic when it is connecting and disconnecting to wireless mode?

    It seems that when I still had the fresh upgrade and had not yet restored my backup I had a generic funky Treo splash screen. So I think the ugly T-Mobile one was hidden somewhere in my backup files ... but which file?

    Any Ideas?
  11. #31  
    Before - Firmware 3.04
    Software Treo600 - 1.12..........

    Followed instructions, no problems during update.

    After - Firmware 3.05
    Software Treo600 - 1.12 INT

    No noticable differences, just glad to have "official" update.

    V
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by BustAGroove
    OK...looks like they fixed the webpage for the update...I'm downlading the update now from T-Mobile's website... moving on .....
    it is not working again
  13. #33  
    Is there any reason to update with the official TMO update if I already have the generic CROW 1.12 installed?
  14. #34  
    are there any customized t-mobile screens (like wireless on/off, etc)? If so, can you post screenshots?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    This is a followup to my earlier post:
    I updated via the backup to SD card > Hard Restart/Erase > upgrade Firmware > restore from SD card = Happy.
    Which program did you use to Backup to the SD card? Is it on my Treo now, I can't seem to find it?

    Also, which keys do you hold while you press the Reser button for the Hard Restart/Erase?

    Thanks again, you guys are a great resource.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Margolis
    Which program did you use to Backup to the SD card? Is it on my Treo now, I can't seem to find it?

    Also, which keys do you hold while you press the Reser button for the Hard Restart/Erase?

    Thanks again, you guys are a great resource.
    Hey Mike ... after reading these forums I decided on a program called BackupMan (www.bitsnbolts.com) that you can setup to do scheduled regular full backups to your SD card. I have found it great so far and only now needed it's feature of a complete restore from the SD card - very useful.

    Hard reset is as you place the pin in the reset hole in the back of the unit also hold down the big Wireless on/off button at the top of device. It should then prompt you with text saying erase? press up button, and you then use the rocker and it will restore the unit to a factory fresh state (as of your latest firmware update).

    I hope that helps.
  17. #37  
    Update from Tmobile went very well. So far the apps I have tested Lightwav, pocketcity, soundrec, movierec, moepaint, vfsi, ptunes, avantgo are all working fine. Phone still unlocked. Hotsync seems to go a lot faster.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jskier
    are there any customized t-mobile screens (like wireless on/off, etc)? If so, can you post screenshots?
    Not that I have seen.

    ...David
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldon
    Not that I have seen.

    ...David
    Why am I thinking no-one is reading my posts. I have asked twice in this thread if anyone knows how to remove the branded T-Mobile screens.

    It would seem that the default firmware upgrade does not have these screens but instead I saw a good looking 'Treo' branded (no not Palm but is said Treo) before I restored my backup and got my old and ugly T-Mobile branded screens when switching wireless on/off.

    Out of interest what does everyone else see that has used the official T-Mobile upgrade?

    (if I can find my digital camera I will post screenshots)
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by VacantLot
    Before - Firmware 3.04
    Software Treo600 - 1.12..........

    Followed instructions, no problems during update.

    After - Firmware 3.05
    Software Treo600 - 1.12 INT

    No noticable differences, just glad to have "official" update.

    V
    Vacant,

    Thanks for the info. I was waiting to see if folks with 3.04 would have any problems upgraded to 3.05. I too have an INT phone. Glad to hear things are working well for you. I'll now take the plunge.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions