1. gsf
    I just got the GSM version of Treo today and discovered, to my horror, that I cannot collect corporate email in the Treo Inbox. I configured AT&T's Office Online and found that my corporate (outlook) email can only be accessed through the Office Online icon -- a web-looking environment. There seems to be no way to receive and send corporate email from the stadnard Treo email app, which is a much easier way to view and work on msgs than the Office Online app. Since my corporate email is not on a POP3 server, I can't create a new email account for it in the Treo Mail app.

What makes this so annoying is that it IS NOT the same on Sprint Treo's. Sprint's version of Office Online -- Business Connect -- pushes the corporate email right into the Treo email app.

Anyone else notice this? Is there a solution?
  2. gsf
    Not that I am aware of. I have been using the Office Online for almost a year (first on my Siemens S56 and now on my Treo 600). It really isn't that much of a delay. I have also set up alerts in Office Online, such that any time an email comes to my account with a certain prefix I will automatically get an alert on my Treo with the subject line visible. If it is urgent, I simply click on Office Online on My Favorites.

Don't know if this helps, but the alerts really make a difference. You set them up via the internet.
  4. gsf
    Quote Originally Posted by gsf
    I just got the GSM version of Treo today and discovered, to my horror, that I cannot collect corporate email in the Treo Inbox. I configured AT&T's Office Online and found that my corporate (outlook) email can only be accessed through the Office Online icon -- a web-looking environment. There seems to be no way to receive and send corporate email from the stadnard Treo email app, which is a much easier way to view and work on msgs than the Office Online app. Since my corporate email is not on a POP3 server, I can't create a new email account for it in the Treo Mail app.

What makes this so annoying is that it IS NOT the same on Sprint Treo's. Sprint's version of Office Online -- Business Connect -- pushes the corporate email right into the Treo email app.

Anyone else notice this? Is there a solution?
    So are you saying that this Office Online is like PC Anywhere? giving you a web based snapshot of your desktop? I hope not.. I was going to try this solution..

I have loaded Dataviz.. But have not worked out the bugs yet.. Only had an hour to play with it...
    Don't know about all that...

If you are using MS Exchange server with your Outlook...your IT department can enable IMAP access to e-mail. Then you can use Palm VersaMail or the upcoming SnapperMail 2.0 to access your e-mail and even sync your inbox or subfolders of your inbox wirelessly.
    No, it is not like PC Anywhere. Simply displays a mailbox, calendar and contacts icon. Your PC must be logged on to the internet at all times and you must download the AT&T software to your PC.

Reorg.

I just downloaded the SnapperMail 2.0 Beta and will see if any better.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Office Online is very current. The messages are almost instataneously available through the web interface. The SMs alerts are also within seconds. The Sprint Business Connection took hours to get the alerts, sometimes they wouldn't show up.

I also wish that Office Online had a client app for Palm, but I don't think we ever will. I'm really afraid Office Online will go away after the merger with Cingular. Cingular's email solution requires your IT department to install something and open up some ports. That's never going to happen here.

Visto works pretty well. Its similar to the Sprint solution, but its $100/year.

Joe
  9. gsf
    God bless you for suggesting it. Solves my issue completely.