Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I purchased VM 2.5 from Handango and as I was looking at the PalmOne support page I see a reference to VersaMail 2.7. Where do I get the update? I can't even see where it can be bought. Does anybody have any information on what improvements where made in it?

    Thanks for the help!
  2. limoman's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mclaughlinc
    I purchased VM 2.5 from Handango and as I was looking at the PalmOne support page I see a reference to VersaMail 2.7. Where do I get the update? I can't even see where it can be bought. Does anybody have any information on what improvements where made in it?
    You'll find info on version 2.7 at this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50912
  3. afr
    afr is offline
    afr's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    #3  
    Be careful about "upgrading". The versions are for different phones. For example, ver 2.5 is compatible with the Zire phones and the Treo. Ver. 2.7 I believe is aimed at the Tungsten line.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by afr
    Be careful about "upgrading". The versions are for different phones. For example, ver 2.5 is compatible with the Zire phones and the Treo. Ver. 2.7 I believe is aimed at the Tungsten line.
    They won't sell you an upgrade. That said, 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 all have problems for me, but none seem to be a "not for Treo" problem as opposed to "I need SSL, and I want SMTP auth to work".

    As a mail reader it's fine.
  5. #5  
    Versamail 2.5 is the only version available for the TREO 600, 2.6 and 2.7 are shipped with The new Tungsten and Zire's, not available for sale.... unless you know someone on the inside. I managed to get 2.7 for my TREO 600, everyhting works fine except sync'ing deleted messages on the 600 with Outlook. Palm is working on a Treo specific version of Versamail to be released sometine late fall..
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kengeroo
    Versamail 2.5 is the only version available for the TREO 600, 2.6 and 2.7 are shipped with The new Tungsten and Zire's, not available for sale.... unless you know someone on the inside. I managed to get 2.7 for my TREO 600, everyhting works fine except sync'ing deleted messages on the 600 with Outlook. Palm is working on a Treo specific version of Versamail to be released sometine late fall..
    Are you using SMTP auth when you send mail? Do you have SSL for SMTP turned on? If so, can you tell me what your SMTP server is? (I don't need an account, I just want to see what MTA software they're running so I can figure out if something's broken about Sendmail 8.x)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kengeroo
    Versamail 2.5 is the only version available for the TREO 600, 2.6 and 2.7 are shipped with The new Tungsten and Zire's, not available for sale.... unless you know someone on the inside. I managed to get 2.7 for my TREO 600, everyhting works fine except sync'ing deleted messages on the 600 with Outlook. Palm is working on a Treo specific version of Versamail to be released sometine late fall..
    they have a patch to fix the problem. at least for version 2.6.
    but again, i applied the patch, i did not see it fixed the above in above thou
  8. afr
    afr is offline
    afr's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    #8  
    I use Sprint's SMTP server with ESMTP authentication turned ON. Access this screen on VersaMail, click on the "My server requires authentication (ESMTP)" box. Put your Sprint PCS username on the Username line, and your password on the next line. I had problems with this at first due to the numerous account names and passwords that Sprint assigns. I finally used the same information that the assigned me when I first signed up.

    I use SSL connectivity on my incoming mail attaching to my AT&T POP3 mail account, then also use the SprintPCS SMTP account to send mail. I configure the Sprint SMTP server on this account the same way that I do with my IMAP account.

Posting Permissions