Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone tried this. It looks pretty cool. Wondering how well it works on Treo.Pocket-DVD Studio
    Own it, it works great once you get your settings right.
    Can you elaborate on what those settings are? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Hey dlbrummels,
    how does it work on your treo?
    I can't get video to play on my T600 using the Pocket DVD Studio and MMPlayer using the default settings. There seems to be a billion different settings for the Pocket DVD software and the Xvid Configuration. dlbrummels, would you mind sharing your settings for what you did to get this to work on your Treo 600?
    Ya'll should read dlbrummels's previous thread on this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...378#post339378

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Pocket DVD V1.1.0

Input Settings
    160 96 15k pixel
    Angle 1
    Interpolate
    Detect prog 24Hz
    Fore 24 Hz
    Output
    24Kbits
    22Khz
    Mono
    15fps

MMPlayer V 0.2.11

Best Fit Best Fit
    Floow GUI
    B-Frame 100
    Audio Buffer 64kb
    Video 128Kb
    Preload start 10
    Preload at underrun 30

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks gfunk.
    is pocketdvd a palm application as well, or only a dvd converter for the palm. I mean, how do I watch the movie on my treo after I've converted it? does pocketdvd have a player?
    I downloaded mmplayer, and downloaded my converted movie, but when I try to view the movie, mmplayer is only showing audio files. Hellpppp!
    okay, nevermind. answered my own question there. heehee.
    but got another one!
    the avi file downloaded to my dcim folder, so I moved it to the audio folder, since that one was the only one the mmplayer seemed to recognize. mow, the movie only plays in this small upper left square of mmplayer. how to I get it full screen? otherwise, I'm psyched! totally cool app, once I've got all of it figgered out!!
    okay...........nevermind again!! mmplayer IS the way to play the video, and I found out I can tap on the small screen to enlarge it to full screen.
    Coming tomorrow............more questions and answers..............from me, by me
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    okay, nevermind. answered my own question there. heehee.
    but got another one!
    the avi file downloaded to my dcim folder, so I moved it to the audio folder, since that one was the only one the mmplayer seemed to recognize. mow, the movie only plays in this small upper left square of mmplayer. how to I get it full screen? otherwise, I'm psyched! totally cool app, once I've got all of it figgered out!!

You need to load the Treo600 skin for MMplayer. Hotsync the skin attached below and then goto MMplayer > menu > options > skin > choose MMskin_Treo600. Now play the video and you should be able to see it full screen...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Does anyone have a sample of a "converted movie" that I can try with the Pocket-DVD Studio???
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang
    Does anyone have a sample of a "converted movie" that I can try with the Pocket-DVD Studio???
    Why not try it for yourself, there is a trial.

All I have is commecially ripped dvd movies, to large to upload here, not to mention copyrighted.

You will need MMPlayer to play the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypesteve
    Hey dlbrummels,
    how does it work on your treo?
    I have done many full length dvd movies, nice to watch during lunch etc.
    is there a way to get fullscreen movies? all of the crops cut some portion of the screen. and on a treo, we need all we can get! or would that diminish the quality to the point that it would be unpleasant to watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You need to load the Treo600 skin for MMplayer. Hotsync the skin attached below and then goto MMplayer > menu > options > skin > choose MMskin_Treo600. Now play the video and you should be able to see it full screen...
    Actually, with MMPlayer 2.11, the default skin now works fine with the Treo 600. This was a change from 2.10 I believe so now you don't need to use the Treo600 specific skin.
    just bought the programs....works good, some slight sound problems but if you use stereo...it is not noticeable. Some slight noise but very acceptable.
    what are the best settings to get the clearest (least blocky picture) if you don't care about size? I'm trying to experiment, but I'm not really seeing a difference when I change the settings. Anyone?
    bump
    did anyone manage to get a clear picture? I don't want to pay for teo programs to get that blotchy picture the trial versions give
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p