Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
  1.    #1  
    FYI,

    Personal Audio Recorder (PAR) turn your Treo600(R) smartphone into an audio recorder. PAR can record voice memo to RAM or on the external card such as SD and MMC.

    Features

    -One button recording
    -Compatible with PalmOne®/Handspring® Treo600
    -Record any length to ram and on the card. (Depends on available memory)
    -Play back recorded voice memo
    -Play any part of the voice memo
    -Pause recording and play back
    -Import wave file from the card to ram
    -Export voice memo to the card as wave file
    -Highly configurable
    -Keyboard short cuts
    -Intuitive user interface

    For more details for demo visit http://www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  2. #2  
    I have a Sprint Treo 600. Can I run this program if I did *not* upgrade to the new firmware??
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I have a Sprint Treo 600. Can I run this program if I did *not* upgrade to the new firmware??
    Sorry but you need to upgrade to the latest firmware.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I have a Sprint Treo 600. Can I run this program if I did *not* upgrade to the new firmware??
    No, It does require the update. Why havent you done the update yet anyways?

    This is probably the best most stable sound recording app weve seen so far for our treos. It really seems more user friendly than soundrec and already comes with all the correct settings to get optimal playback from SD Card. Using sound rec I got really choppy playback from SD card. With PAR it sounds perfect.

    Only issue I have with PAR is there is currently no way to select a file for playback using the 5 way. I have to manually select the file for playback using my stylus. If this were fixed, I could see myself purchasing it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    No, It does require the update. Why havent you done the update yet anyways?

    This is probably the best most stable sound recording app weve seen so far for our treos. It really seems more user friendly than soundrec and already comes with all the correct settings to get optimal playback from SD Card. Using sound rec I got really choppy playback from SD card. With PAR it sounds perfect.

    Only issue I have with PAR is there is currently no way to select a file for playback using the 5 way. I have to manually select the file for playback using my stylus. If this were fixed, I could see myself purchasing it.

    hehe..you probably missed the "Short key Cuts" section in the manual. Tap on the Prefs icon and assign your short key cuts for page scroll, item select, record, play, stop etc... it's all there. you can do everything without the stylus (almost) more key short cuts to come.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  6. #6  
    The listed requirements includes "Treo600(R) with Extended Sound Manager" and "Need Firmware 1.12 update."

    Is the "Extended Sound Manager" something other than what's provided by the firmware update?
  7. #7  
    Can you buy this at Handango?
    Treo 600 GSM
  8. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #8  
    I too cannot figure out how to use the center button on the 5 way to select recordings. Preferences didn't seem to offer such an option.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  9. #9  
    need to make voice dial now with vioce regongnition.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I too cannot figure out how to use the center button on the 5 way to select recordings. Preferences didn't seem to offer such an option.
    if you use the 5 way you can nav to the Record button and the press the center button. alternatively you can set up a short cut key. the default for recording is 'r'. if you pressed 'r' on the keyboard in the recording screen PAR will start recording. it is straight forward.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zgraff
    Can you buy this at Handango?
    NO you can't but soon. goto www.toysoft.ca to purchase.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  12. #12  
    Thanks, smiley. Sounds like a cool voice recording app. I'm gonna have to try it out after work.
  13. #13  
    Can this program be used in conjuction with Lightwav?

    Could I record my wife's voice and then assign her recording as a contact ringer in Lightwav?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Can this program be used in conjuction with Lightwav?

    Could I record my wife's voice and then assign her recording as a contact ringer in Lightwav?
    You bet!! That is the beauty of PAR. All the voice memos are saved as wave files. You will have to export it to the card first but i will make the changes in lwav to read PAR recorded voice memos in the next release. You can also record a memo and use it in as datebook alarm.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  15. #15  
    Now that's cool!
  16. #16  
    you can do that with sound rec and light wav also.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you can do that with sound rec and light wav also.
    Oh, okay, cool. I never knew that.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you can do that with sound rec and light wav also.

    AND you can also do that with Audacity as well since it records in wav format to the card...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #19  
    Smiley88,

    I understand the record function is mapped to the r in the keyboard and that I can re-assign it if I choose to. What I can't figure out is how to scroll through my individual recordings or wav files I have created and select one to play.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Smiley88,

    I understand the record function is mapped to the r in the keyboard and that I can re-assign it if I choose to. What I can't figure out is how to scroll through my individual recordings or wav files I have created and select one to play.
    in the prefs you will see two fields called "Select Up" and "Select Down". Just map the keys you want to use move up and down. BTW, the keys are case sensitive.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions