Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. #41  
    It already has all the features you guys are asking for. You can pick a file by scrolling with the navigation pad and then select it by pressing the send. It already has a nice audible alarm feature. One comment wanted an MP3 format so the files would be smaller. The Audacity recorder can compress the file into a format so a one minute file is under 50K. That is small. The program is also very stable. My choice.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriaki
    It already has all the features you guys are asking for. You can pick a file by scrolling with the navigation pad and then select it by pressing the send. It already has a nice audible alarm feature. One comment wanted an MP3 format so the files would be smaller. The Audacity recorder can compress the file into a format so a one minute file is under 50K. That is small. The program is also very stable. My choice.
    Does audacity have one button record from within any other application?
  3. #43  
    No, Audacity does not have a one button record. You must first launch the application. I do think that is a nice feature, but I don't really miss it the way I use my Treo. I like to be in the application anyway because I usually want to play back at the same time as I'm recording so I end up launching the application anyway. I launch Audacity from the button next to the navigation pad and then I set my Audacity Personal to do one button record. I just touch the navigation pad and I'm recording. As long as I can do it with one hand, I don't really care if it is one button or two buttons. After you use it for a little while, you don't even think about it.

    What I find more annoying is having to use two hands to select the file to play back. I think it is SoundRec that has the one button record, but then to play back you have to launch the application and then you need a second hand to select the file to play back. I thought the last file recorded would be on the top, but it was really on the bottom.
  4. #44  
  5. #45  
    I tried Toysoft's product and continually had a problem. When I would turn on my phone, the recorder screen would appear and begin recording. I tried playing with the settings and read everything that I could, but I could not resolve this problem. Has anyone else had this issue. I would be interested to know.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by dyowell
    I tried Toysoft's product and continually had a problem. When I would turn on my phone, the recorder screen would appear and begin recording. I tried playing with the settings and read everything that I could, but I could not resolve this problem. Has anyone else had this issue. I would be interested to know.
    Under Option - Preference, is the 'Auto record on button pressed unchecked???

    Also, what version are you running?
  7. #47  
    I have had on problems with PAR v1.2 Ben
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I have had on problems with PAR v1.2 Ben
    Do you mean "no" problems?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  9. #49  
    Yepper, I meant no problems. Long day was yesterday. I keep PAR on the SD card and save it there also. When playback is needed though, I move it to main memory. No other problems or concerns at all. In addition, security is another valuable option. Danny has done an excellent job there. Ben
  10. #50  
    Wasn't there supposed to be an update to PAR released at the end of this past week?

    Did I miss it?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriaki
    No, Audacity does not have a one button record. You must first launch the application. I do think that is a nice feature, but I don't really miss it the way I use my Treo. I like to be in the application anyway because I usually want to play back at the same time as I'm recording so I end up launching the application anyway. I launch Audacity from the button next to the navigation pad and then I set my Audacity Personal to do one button record. I just touch the navigation pad and I'm recording. As long as I can do it with one hand, I don't really care if it is one button or two buttons. After you use it for a little while, you don't even think about it.

    What I find more annoying is having to use two hands to select the file to play back. I think it is SoundRec that has the one button record, but then to play back you have to launch the application and then you need a second hand to select the file to play back. I thought the last file recorded would be on the top, but it was really on the bottom.
    Thanks for the info
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Wasn't there supposed to be an update to PAR released at the end of this past week?

    Did I miss it?
    I believe so(that there was going to be an update)
    you didn't miss it that i know of
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I believe so(that there was going to be an update)
    you didn't miss it that i know of
    Hopefully on monday. The PRO version will be released and then the update will follow. There wont be much new features in the update but they will be in the PRO version.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  14. #54  
    How much will it cost registered users of PAR to upgrade to the pro version?
  15. #55  
    Danny, I also am interested in the cost difference to upgrade. The version I am running now has had no problems. Ben
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Danny, I also am interested in the cost difference to upgrade. The version I am running now has had no problems. Ben

    Personal Audio Recorder PRO has been released. you can download the trial version from www.toysoft.ca/par.html For all registered users you should have received an email about the upgrade offer.

    New features in the PRO version

    *Compress voice memo. Compatible with Winzip(R). Average 40-50% compression. Send and Email voice email.
    *Beam and Send voice memo
    *Set voice memo as Alarm
    *Create folders to organize voice memos
    *Append multiple voice memos into one voice memo
    *Rewind and fast forward durig play
    *Play back recorded voice memo immediately
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  17.    #57  
    PAR PRO 2.3 has been released.

    - Added compression for Treo650 and Tungsten. You can get up to 50%
    more space with compression.

    - Added New Format and Type in the record screen.
    For sample type if you use 16bit if will take twice as such space
    to save because it is saving in 16bit mode. This is option is good
    for playback on the desktop.

    - Added side button for one button recording on the T650

    - Fixed the alarm bug when playing ram voice memos
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  18. #58  
    I like sound record but hav recently deleted it for three reasons:
    1. I needed the space, it takes up alot. (I am waiting for 2 gig to ship)
    2. If your phone resets for whatever reason, although 1 button record would still be checked, it wouldn't be enabled unless you saved the checked box again.

    3. I forgot I had the phone on vibrate, when I pushed the one button to record and didn't hear the confirmation beep. I thought the 1 button not running. When i went back and played a very short recording it would reset my phone.

    On wish list, I am very ADD and these apps help me alot. What would benefit me the most is a CHECK LIST BOX. So I could listen to it, when I completed something I could check it and it would be archieved or thrown away (in preferences) Or even hav audio to do's.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions