Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    when I press the rec button, my treo resets itself. firmware 3.05, sw 1.12, unlocked GSM, palmOne branded.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by matro
    when I press the rec button, my treo resets itself. firmware 3.05, sw 1.12, unlocked GSM, palmOne branded.
    If you are recording to RAM make sure you have enough space. Tried recording to the card yet? same problem?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    hhmm I have 12mb free, no SD card, the reset comes as soon as I press rec. maybe it's the RAM? I though 12mb are enough until I completely use them!
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    in the prefs you will see two fields called "Select Up" and "Select Down". Just map the keys you want to use move up and down. BTW, the keys are case sensitive.
    I am having I think the same problem moving the "cursor" between recorded files. I see if I have a right scrollbar (many recordings), I can use the default "o" and "l" keys and see the cursor between files. If I have no scrollbar, then the "o" and "l" doesn't move the focus bar. "i" and "k" do not seem to have an effect.

Great program! I purchased this right away. Sound quality for me was the best I have seen on the treo.
    I am a happy Lightwav customer. I would be a happy PAR customer if I could save the files as MP3s. WAVs use too much memory.

BUG REPORT: I have downloaded the demo. (Looks very cool. Nice UI.) But when I try to rename the destination wav file to something meaningful before recording, PAR intercepts my keystrokes, and processes them as command shortcuts rather than text entry. It's a little annoyance, but something you will no doubt want to fix going forward.
    Last edited by Virt; 06/03/2004 at 09:53 PM.
    Toysoft used to sell a product to permit you to store multiple vindigo cities on your SD card. In my view, this was a cheat -- it didn't work as advertised because it didn't split up the cities, but still required you to have sufficient flash space to hold all the cities you've stored. You can do that with Filez for free, and Toysoft wanted $10. What the led the buyer to falsely believe is that you could divide the cities into multiple files and then load only the cities you currently needed. For that, you still needed the web.

I wouldn't do business with this company; here they are selling a product essentially equivalent to the free Soundrec, for $15.`
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston
    they are selling a product essentially equivalent to the free Soundrec, for $15.`
    I am a fan of SoundRec. But from the demo it's apparent that PAR is already more fully featured than SoundRec.
    ...can i use this for CONVERSATION RECORDING while on the phone talking important issues i might want to keep archived for later consultation...
    And there is a Pro version of PAR to be released with much more features.
    Quote Originally Posted by koros
    ...can i use this for CONVERSATION RECORDING while on the phone talking important issues i might want to keep archived for later consultation...
    I can record conversations with soundrec, but others report trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    And there is a Pro version of PAR to be released with much more features.
    Oh no, please don't go down the "affordable crippleware vs expensive premiumware" route with this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston
    I can record conversations with soundrec, but others report trouble.
    SoundRec works very well for me, saves to the SD card in WAV format, and is FREE. Don't know why anyone would want to buy Personal Audio Recorder. Ryan Rife, who wrote SoundRec (and MovieRec) has been very responsive to suggestions for enhancements, as well. (Yes, he does accept donations.)
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    SoundRec works very well for me, saves to the SD card in WAV format, and is FREE. Don't know why anyone would want to buy Personal Audio Recorder. Ryan Rife, who wrote SoundRec (and MovieRec) has been very responsive to suggestions for enhancements, as well. (Yes, he does accept donations.)
    People buy the sofware because they high quality and they get support. (Compare PAR vs SoundRec and tell me which is better) Unlikely freeware developers they may decide to scrap the project because they dont feel like working on it anymore or just bore of it. There is a big difference between commerical, shareware and freeware developers.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Hi there, Pesonally, I like SoundRec better, and not just because its free. PAR crashed my Treo when I tried recording to the internal memory and I have 15M free. I think SoundRec is easier to use. simple and the audio is clear. Also when I try to record in PAR using differerent settings like 14400. it saves it to the card but it doesnt show up under my list of audio files.
    So honestly, it seems that PAR is trying to be fancy (to justify selling it)but has bugs while SoundRec does what its supposed to do and does it well.

Mark
    I like PAR because of the 1-button record from any screen. Hold down the assigned key from anywhere and boom! you're recording a voice memo.
  16.    #36  
    Personal Audio Recorder 1.1 has been released.

Changes
    --------

1. fixed the crashing problem when you try to record.
    this is due to users who doesnt have a sd card

2. added rename file function

3. added additional short cuts

4. added pause recording for incoming calls

For details visit www.toysoft.ca
  17.    #37  
    FYI, new PAR Pro and update to PAR basic version will be released soon. Alot of new features in the PRO version like winZip compatible, beam/send, set alarm, encryption, append multiple memos into one single memo, rewind/forward playback and create folders on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    FYI, new PAR Pro and update to PAR basic version will be released soon. Alot of new features in the PRO version like winZip compatible, beam/send, set alarm, encryption, append multiple memos into one single memo, rewind/forward playback and create folders on the card.
    very nice!!! can't wait.
    I'm a happy Lightwav user, and here's what would make me buy your program...when I tap a conatct from Lightwav, have an additional option called "Record sound". That would then allow you to record the sound using PAR right in Lightwav without having to go through the process of switching between apps and finding a recording buried in your list of wav files. I like to have a friend record a ringtone for themselves, but I don't like all the extra keystrokes needed to associate a recording to a contact. That possible? Thanks.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    I'm a happy Lightwav user, and here's what would make me buy your program...when I tap a conatct from Lightwav, have an additional option called "Record sound". That would then allow you to record the sound using PAR right in Lightwav without having to go through the process of switching between apps and finding a recording buried in your list of wav files. I like to have a friend record a ringtone for themselves, but I don't like all the extra keystrokes needed to associate a recording to a contact. That possible? Thanks.
    sure that would be nice but its too late to include in the next release. maybe in version 3.1.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast