1.    #1  
    One of the real minuses of my excellent T600 is its poor chain dialing abilities whether its the way that contacts hides extensions which are synced from my Outlook so that I cant directly dial them, or what seems to be the lack of a "wait" character that can be inserted in a dialing string in the "more" option of favorites.
    I need to be able to 1)dial a 10 digit phone number into a voicemail system, then 2) dial my 10 digit phone number and 3) have a wait and then dial a pass-code.
    Yes, its stupid, but that is Cablevision Lightpath voicemail, unfortunately. So to try to accomplish this I created a speed dialing favorite using the more digits option - but this doesnt really work, either.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to put any "wait to dial additional digits" code or character that can be put into a dialing string in the "more" option of favorites? Someone had told me that a comma used to work on the 300, but this doesnt seem to work on the 600.
    A comma works fine on my Treo to add pauses in the extra digits.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    The comma will add a 1 second pause for each comma you enter.
    It may take a couple tries to get your timing right.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Commas work for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichNY
    One of the real minuses of my excellent T600 is its poor chain dialing abilities whether its the way that contacts hides extensions which are synced from my Outlook so that I cant directly dial them, or what seems to be the lack of a "wait" character that can be inserted in a dialing string in the "more" option of favorites.
    I need to be able to 1)dial a 10 digit phone number into a voicemail system, then 2) dial my 10 digit phone number and 3) have a wait and then dial a pass-code.
    Yes, its stupid, but that is Cablevision Lightpath voicemail, unfortunately. So to try to accomplish this I created a speed dialing favorite using the more digits option - but this doesnt really work, either.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to put any "wait to dial additional digits" code or character that can be put into a dialing string in the "more" option of favorites? Someone had told me that a comma used to work on the 300, but this doesnt seem to work on the 600.
    I would like to add to that, is there any way to set up the contacts so that it dials extra digits and , pauses from directly accessed contacts (instead having to set up a favorite and extra digits in favorites).
    To be able to dial with all kinds of pauses, I would recomend TAKEphONE.
  7.    #7  
    It turns out that commas create an echo when I do this, but I did find that a * does work.
    But.... as far as TakePhone or other similar products - rather than be small, elegant, simple solutions to real business problems, most are convoluted, geek type (hey I'm one too, but I use the T600 as a biz tool) hacks.

T600 is being sold to enterprises - I'm talking to you developers in the audience.
    Enterprise software types; people who can buy/expense/po 5-100-1000 licenses at a time WOULD BUY an app that simply does a good sync of the outlook contacts, exposing the extensions numbers during the dialing process; with maybe one or two other simple improvements to contacts also. I just bought PDAnet - now there's a program worth buying by the enterprise treo user - and this idea would be a winner too, if someone would do it. As we say in sales, KISS (keep it simple st....) and sell some licenses!!!