1.    #1  
    Anyone have a recommendation for external speakers for the Treo 600? I would like to have a small set of travel speakers I can take with me on the trips.

-aaron
    You may have problems with some external speakers http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=43706
    While I've never used external speakers with my Treo, I do have the Creative TravelSound which I sometimes use with my HD-based MP3 player when I'm on the road. I'm quite picky about sound-quality when I listen to music, and I've found that the TravelSound sounds very good, especially when you consider its size and power consumption. Obviously, you won't be able to rock the house with any speaker that small, but it's great for listening in hotel rooms...

If you can get it to work with the Treo, I would definitely recommend it.
    I wonder if you could plug speakers into this adapter from Siedio?

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=HME2SVOT-SL

Not sure if the impedence would be correct, just a thought.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    While I've never used external speakers with my Treo, I do have the Creative TravelSound which I sometimes use with my HD-based MP3 player when I'm on the road. I'm quite picky about sound-quality when I listen to music, and I've found that the TravelSound sounds very good, especially when you consider its size and power consumption. Obviously, you won't be able to rock the house with any speaker that small, but it's great for listening in hotel rooms...

If you can get it to work with the Treo, I would definitely recommend it.
    DITTO...i have these and highly recommend them.
  6.    #6  
    dutchtrumpet.. Are you using the speakers with the Treo 600? If so, any special connectors..etc?

Thanks again
    -aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
    You may have problems with some external speakers http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=43706
    I believe that thread is only relavent for certain Radio Shack branded cassette adapters...

Also, I can connect my Treo600 via 2.5-to-3.5 adapter to my desktop pc external speakers with no problems at all!! Nice way to show off the mp3 playback of the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    still looking. Any other thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by airunz
    dutchtrumpet.. Are you using the speakers with the Treo 600? If so, any special connectors..etc?

Thanks again
    -aaron
    Just need the stereo headphone adapter.

http://www.sprintpcsaccessories.com/...mfg=Handspring

I can't imagine small portable speakers sounding better
    Why won't a company just go and make a portable boom box for the treo that it just mounts right into? I got this idea today actually. See, I use the Delphi Skyfi XM tuner and it goes from my home to my car to the boom box effortlessly. Why couldn't you have a similar boom box setup with it's own batteries and a treo mount? You could even have it so it it's got an IR port for a remote that's basically just a 90 degree mirror to the treo's IR port. It may sound kinda out there, but the parts would be cheap and it could be sold for a lot. Dunno... just an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmm12210
    Why won't a company just go and make a portable boom box for the treo that it just mounts right into? I got this idea today actually. See, I use the Delphi Skyfi XM tuner and it goes from my home to my car to the boom box effortlessly. Why couldn't you have a similar boom box setup with it's own batteries and a treo mount? You could even have it so it it's got an IR port for a remote that's basically just a 90 degree mirror to the treo's IR port. It may sound kinda out there, but the parts would be cheap and it could be sold for a lot. Dunno... just an idea.
    Might be cool... but it would have to be cheap for me to buy it. Not that I won't spend money, but with the "latest and greatest" ccming out every 11 months, and no guarentee of compatibilty, I can say that I will ever have a Treo for more than one year... by the time they have something like this on the market, we're all upgrading our phones.