1.    #1  
    I hate to put this out to everyone but I have been searching for a couple hours on this topic and it is way past my bedtime. Perhaps someone will throw me a bone by the time I get up!

I just picked up an SD card and installed some mp3's on it under an "Audio" folder. Pocket Tunes has recognized the songs and on the player screen it shows the song title scrolling across. I've pressed play and every other button I can but it simply won't start playing. It sits at "0:00", despite all my efforts to manipulate it (moving the little bar to advance the song, trying all of the different songs I downloaded, etc). I have read the manual, the website faq's and this forum with no luck. I've tried it with and without a headphone installed. The mute button is off.

I got this copy of PTunes from Sprint with the T600 about 4 weeks ago. It is the basic version, v2.3.2, "Software: Treo600-1.10-SPR" if that's my firmware (I haven't updated yet).

The only thing that is weird is that with all of the music I put on the 256 MB Lexar SD card (brand new), only 48K is showing used on the "Card Info" app, although all the songs appear under FileZ. Maybe I'm downloading shortcuts or something, but they all appear as full size files on my computer. I'm going to reformat one last time, the song I'm putting under the Audio file is 204 K, 64 kbps, 26 seconds long.

OK, this time I could see the song on the SD card under the "Card Info" app, but the dang thing still won't start. I'm ready to throw this thing through the window!

Thanks in advance! I need the help, this thing seems way more complicated than my T300!
    I know Kung Fu...
    Sometimes I get files that have been corupted and they will not play, could this be the problem ?

My best advice is to join the PTunes yahoo group at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes/

Here you will be able to ask questions of people who are hardcore users of PT.

Also it is monitored by Normsoft themself, so they will answer questions directly.

Hope this helps,

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    How are you putting the music files on your card? Are you using a card reader? That is the recommended method, and it's easy to check the properties on the card that way, as well as making sure they'll play from the card on your computer before you pop the card back in your Treo.
  4.    #4  
    I'm using a Lexar Trio Jump Drive (portable card reader) to install the files. I just put the card back in the computer and I was able to run the file directly from the card. The Yahoo group is a great idea, I'll hit that up on the way to work! Thanks. Keep the ideas coming, I'll bet someone else has had a broken play button!
    I know Kung Fu...
  5.    #5  
    Problem solved! After spending about eight hours researching this, I found a thread here on Treo Central that talked about SD cards having problems with LauncherIII. I realized that the problem was the card being corrupted after being inserted into the T600. I deleted ZLauncher and disabled this little NotifyMe utility (makes a sound when card is ejected) for good measure, and now it works like a charm! Thank you to those that helped me think this out!
    I know Kung Fu...
    I had a similar problem using NotifyMe. When it is disabled, the SD card reads fine, when I re-enable NotifyMe the card becomes unreadable.
    My PT recofnizes only one SD with music. All my other cards read as non-recognized. Any ideas? John
    I played with NotifyMe for about 30 minutes and discovered that after it notified me that the card was out, that when I reinserted the card, it was no longer readable by the system. I had to reset the Treo 600 to get it to recognize the card. The idea of the utility is great, it just has some problems.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by wvutdre79
    Problem solved! After spending about eight hours researching this, I found a thread here on Treo Central that talked about SD cards having problems with LauncherIII. I realized that the problem was the card being corrupted after being inserted into the T600. I deleted ZLauncher and disabled this little NotifyMe utility (makes a sound when card is ejected) for good measure, and now it works like a charm! Thank you to those that helped me think this out!