1.    #1  
    I'm using Datebook 5 (version 5.1b,s1) on the Treo 600. I had downloaded some other ringtones (midi files) and use them as alarms. The problem is that they work fine if I use the built-in datebook. They all show up in the list under "sounds" and I can use them as ringtones or alarms. But when I go to choose an alarm in DB5, only the built-in alarms are listed. In the DB5 manual, it says you can use third-party alarms, but it doesn't say how to do it. Anyone know how? Thanks!
    DateBk5 uses a different midi database to play tones. I guess the ringtone database on the Treo is not standard among all Palms. DateBk uses a database that is standard on all Palms.

I posted my solution about this before...but I guess it got washed away in the crash (because I can't find it).

Download the trial version of HoHo from http://ranosoft.net/hoho/
    Install hoho_trial.prc and HoHo_MIDI_Manager_Plug-in.PRC
    Start HoHo on your Treo.
    Go to Menu->Options->Midi Manager
    At the top right there is a database drop down. Select System Ring Tones from it. All of the tones you've downloaded should be in the list now on the left. Select the tone you want to use in DateBk and select the Copy To button. And then select System MIDI in the new box that shows up.

Viola! The tone is now in the database that DateBk5 uses!
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
  3.    #3  
    Well, I downloaded the two HoHo files. The main program works, but I can't get midi manager. When I click on it to install, I get a message saying the file does not exist. The same thing happens no matter which plug-in I choose. I re-downloaded the trial, but the same thing happens. The "files don't exist" even tho they come up on my file list. I went to the HoHo website, but didn't find any help there. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    DateBk5 uses a different midi database to play tones. I guess the ringtone database on the Treo is not standard among all Palms. DateBk uses a database that is standard on all Palms.

I posted my solution about this before...but I guess it got washed away in the crash (because I can't find it).

Download the trial version of HoHo from http://ranosoft.net/hoho/
    Install hoho_trial.prc and HoHo_MIDI_Manager_Plug-in.PRC
    Start HoHo on your Treo.
    Go to Menu->Options->Midi Manager
    At the top right there is a database drop down. Select System Ring Tones from it. All of the tones you've downloaded should be in the list now on the left. Select the tone you want to use in DateBk and select the Copy To button. And then select System MIDI in the new box that shows up.

Viola! The tone is now in the database that DateBk5 uses!
  4.    #4  
    I e-mailed the HoHo web site, and it turns out I had to move the HoHo files to a shorter path. I had it in "my documents" -- "downloads" -- "palm downloads". They said I have to shorten the path, so I moved it back one step into "downloads" and then I could access the files. Next I used your message to get my ringtones where I want them for datebk5. Thank you, thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jachang
    Well, I downloaded the two HoHo files. The main program works, but I can't get midi manager. When I click on it to install, I get a message saying the file does not exist. The same thing happens no matter which plug-in I choose. I re-downloaded the trial, but the same thing happens. The "files don't exist" even tho they come up on my file list. I went to the HoHo website, but didn't find any help there. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jachang
    I'm using Datebook 5 (version 5.1b,s1) on the Treo 600. I had downloaded some other ringtones (midi files) and use them as alarms. The problem is that they work fine if I use the built-in datebook. They all show up in the list under "sounds" and I can use them as ringtones or alarms. But when I go to choose an alarm in DB5, only the built-in alarms are listed. In the DB5 manual, it says you can use third-party alarms, but it doesn't say how to do it. Anyone know how? Thanks!
    FYI, if you want to use wav/mp3 or voice recorder sound files for alarms then have a look at Lightwav at www.toysoft.ca No more boring Midi sounds!
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca