1.    #1  
    I found a clever way of transfering mp3's to the SD Card on my Treo 600.

I put my 512mb SD Card in my "Casio Exilim" (http://exilim.casio.com) camera & connect it to the USB port & PRESTO!!!...the camera shows up as a drive letter on my desktop & I simply drag & drop! It's AWESOME & very fast!

Ohh...did I forget to mention that I can also transfer palm app (*.prc) files as well without having to hotsync!!! lol ;-)
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
    You can already mount the SD card as a logical drive using Card Export. No camera needed!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunkmagic,

how do you like card export? i just purchased a 256 sd card and would like to transfer files faster to the card now that it holds more.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    gfunkmagic,

how do you like card export? i just purchased a 256 sd card and would like to transfer files faster to the card now that it holds more.
    If you want faster, then the best way to go is with an external card reader. While card export is faster than hotsync, it's not faster than a card reader. Also, for the $20 price of card export, you can easily buy a cheap usb card reader. However having said that, I find card export a great solution for those who can't carry any extra peripherals with them. It works well from my experience and well worth it for the functionality...

In addition, another options to consdier include Snyncwizard and Pilot Install. The former is an equivalent app to card export, however I haven't tried it myself. Others have reported some bugs though. Pilot Install is a great piece of freeware that lets you quickly install files bypassing lenthy hotsync process. A cool feature of Pinstall is the ability to directly install to card, which might be a nice freeware solution to installing mp3's quickly...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Obviously someone doesn't know what they're talking about or isn't an owner of a TREO 600 device!

If you go the Card Export web page, it clearly states that the TREO 600 is "currently an unsupported device"! Don't know how you're able to connect...seems like someone is feeding us lies!!!

My way is the fastest & easiest way (if you have an Exilim camera)! I'm not saying go out & buy one, just use if you own already to transfer files to SD card!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang
    Obviously someone doesn't know what they're talking about or isn't an owner of a TREO 600 device!
    dude, seeing that you are new to this site by the number of posts you have and your membership date, be careful with how you reply to posts

gfunkmagic is WELL known on this site and i tend to trust those that are experience treo 600 users

(just a piece of advise. take it for what it's worth)

If you go the Card Export web page, it clearly states that the TREO 600 is "currently an unsupported device"! Don't know how you're able to connect...seems like someone is feeding us lies!!!

My way is the fastest & easiest way (if you have an Exilim camera)! I'm not saying go out & buy one, just use if you own already to transfer files to SD card!
    Ummm... WRONG!!!

If you had read softick's site correctly, you would have realized that Card Export 2 is not compatible with the Treo600 but Card Export is...

Check out my "join date" over there to the left.... BTW, I use Card Export... <ahem> on my treo 600
    I second the advice on just getting a card reader. Not only can they be found easily for under $20, but many are USB 2.0 which is even faster still. If your computer supports USB 2.0, I highly recommend getting a USB 2.0 reader. I can fill my entire 256MB SD card with MP3's in about 5 minutes using mine.

Like gfunk already stated... if you need portability then Card Export is probably the better bet for you. There are many happy users of it on these boards (which dpwaters might have noticed if he'd tried a search ). Although if you don't mind carrying something really small, Sandisk makes a pocket-sized portable reader that comes with it's own little clip on pouch. Here's an image that gives a better idea of its size: http://www.buy.com/retail/large_image.asp?sku=10321051
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    I second the advice on just getting a card reader. Not only can they be found easily for under $20, but many are USB 2.0 which is even faster still. If your computer supports USB 2.0, I highly recommend getting a USB 2.0 reader. I can fill my entire 256MB SD card with MP3's in about 5 minutes using mine.

Like gfunk already stated... if you need portability then Card Export is probably the better bet for you. There are many happy users of it on these boards (which dpwaters might have noticed if he'd tried a search ). Although if you don't mind carrying something really small, Sandisk makes a pocket-sized portable reader that comes with it's own little clip on pouch. Here's an image that gives a better idea of its size: http://www.buy.com/retail/large_image.asp?sku=10321051
    ohh, dpwaters does search this site regulary. you totally misinterpreted my comment. my reply was to distang about his reply to gfunkmagic not knowing anything about the Treo. Not once did I say anything about there not being any happy users on this site. I did say that I tend to trust those that are very active on this site like gfunkmagic over newbies.

...seems like someone is feeding us lies!!!
    Huh?? Haha!! Too funny!!
    Card Export was one of the first programs that I bought for my T600. Sure, it's not as fast as a card reader, but it suits my occasional need to access the card on my laptop (when Filez seems to fiddly or to change my selection of MP3's) and it saves having to set up a new physical link when the hotsinc cable is already connected.
    Don't pay for PC games that don't have a quicksave option. If developers can't be bothered, why should you?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm... WRONG!!!

If you had read softick's site correctly, you would have realized that Card Export 2 is not compatible with the Treo600 but Card Export is...
    Respect GFunk,

2,700 posts vs 5...
    www.gsmworld.com
    You gotta respect that booty. It's bangin'.
    And yes, he is right. I'm using Card Export also.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    Respect GFunk,

2,700 posts vs 5...
    I agree. That's exactly what I've been trying to say in this thread with my posts.

GFunk is Da Man !!!!
  16.    #16  
    My apology goes out to "gfunk" regarding card export software for Treo 600. I have downloaded & installed into my Treo & it works quite nicely! It's definitely easier than taking out the SD Card & inserting into digicam. Sorry - I missed informed myself.
    My apology goes out to "gfunk" regarding card export software for Treo 600. I have downloaded & installed into my Treo & it works quite nicely! It's definitely easier than taking out the SD Card & inserting into digicam. Sorry - I missed informed myself.
    Welcome to the 600 Club!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    OK, I must be missing something here. I used to use Pilot Install long ago but have forgotten, forgive me. Now how do I install files to the SD card using Pilot? When I click it it brings up a bunch of files, etc.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre