Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm amazed at some people's experience with the T600. I'd had the same model since Oct 2003. Updated the firmware on it 3 times without problems. Used it in Egypt, Austria and Ukraine without problems. GPRS works well where I live and work and even work well in Kyiv!!! and Austria. Worst place for GPRS is London of course
    i have had problems with my treo and even thought of selling but god what was i thinking the treo is the best smartphone on the market and i just love treos.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I've gotta chime in here. I realize that statistically, any electronic product is going to have a few dissatisfied customers, no matter how good it is. If you look at manufacturing processes, most manufacturers strive for the high 90 percentile range for non-returns but realize that a few errors will exist. I, personally, really like my Treo 600 (Sprint) and would recommend to anybody that they buy one. Handspring was pretty cutting edge on the product and I think a few errors were probably anticipated, but I've had mine since the product was released, and aside from the fact that it is looking a little used, I really like it. No problems at all other than the recent upgrade. Imashton, I respect your view but gotta say that most people on here haven't had that experience. Sorry that yours has been so negative, but mine has been equally positive.
    Got mine at the beginning of March, and I love it. Upgraded the firmware in April, running many PDA programs on it, have a 1 gb SD card, and I wish T-Mo coverage included more of the boonies in California. It's almost a PC replacement. I also have the portable keyboard for longer documents. I have had no problems to date. I read company e-mail via the web.

Could things be better? Sure, there's always room for improvement. But this device serves me very well as is, with thanks to all the folks who are writing innovative software that's free or quite inexpensive, and that dramatically expand the built-in capabilities.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    The Treo 600 is the best thing since sliced bread. No realy it is. Well the camera realy realy sucks. But I did not buy it for the camera so I am still one happy camper.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Frankly, I think most of the problems people have with a product like the T600 are due to misuse and (I know I'll get flamed for this, but tough sh&t!) incompetence. Most issues can be user-fixed, but people are too lazy or stupid to try to find the solutions on their own. Read the forums for any of the other smartphones (Kyocera 7135, Motorola MPx200, whatever) and you'll see the same types of complaints ("this doesn't work right . . . this is a POS . . . wah wah wah!!!).

I bought the Treo 300 the first day it hit the Sprint stores in August of 2002 and had the Treo 600 shipped to me by Sprint a week before the official release date by Handspring. Went through numerous firmware updates with each phone, installed literally hundreds of 3rd party apps and hacks, etc., etc., and never had anything that I'd describe as more than a mere hiccup. I've also never heard a complaint from any of the numerous individuals who purchased a Treo on my recommendation. Just the opposite, in fact.

Look, I've been accused of being a troll myself elsewhere -- just try to criticize Charlie Ergen or Dish Network on any of the SAT-TV forums. But at least I have sense enough to confine my criticisms to specific issues and not to make gross generalizations about the overall product itself, especially when so many others are clearly satisified users. Comments like "the T600 is a POS" are just plain stupid and clearly intended to do nothing more than **** people off. I should know better than to fall for it, but sometimes . . . .

I've never been more satisfied with a product than I have with the Treo line of smartphones, and I will continue to recommend them to friends and colleagues without the slightest hesitation.

David
    I'll chime in as others here have. I've had my original Treo since October with no problems. It has a small nick underneath the antenna, but it's barely noticable (yeah, I've dropped my phone a few times.) My serial # is within the range peeps here have listed as faulty. It's a Sprint CDMA phone. I have it loaded with 3rd party software just waiting to cause problems. I've installed both updates.

You'd think that with all those "strikes" against me it's just itchin' to go bad. This is not the case. I'm using it more than ever and it trucks along like a champ.

One would think that with all the returns being reported here PalmOne and Sprint (and other carriers) would be losing money on this phone. It doesn't seem to be the case, but where would one find those numbers?

I love my treo now more than when I first got it...has to do primarily with the added sound support.
    i love my treo 600..it does everything i want it to do (except for bt)...especially when i ask for a hooker...it calls up the pimp central place..um wait maybe i shouldnt have said that
    I loved my original treo 600. its just the replacment one has a defective screen (aka blue tint). And the runarounds they are giving me makes me dislik the service. Other thaan that its great. Heck im posting with my treo 600 all the posts here.

On another note lol, Some one please help me get apeplacment to this one. All I need is the good quality screen ;-). email me if u can help.......
    I love my treo - worked great without problem since october last year, and even after over half a year its still the best smartphone on the market, which is saying something.
    Quote Originally Posted by gottalovegsm
    I have been a happy user of SE P800 until I got this Treo GSM TMo
    [...]
    Most if not all of what you said is information that should have been easily found out before you bought. If you didn't know, it is really your mistake. None of this is a surprise to someone who knows the Palm OS and reads the specs.
    Last edited by silverado; 06/03/2004 at 03:03 PM.
    i have never ever played with a palm os before...well thats lie...ive fooled around with Vx a while back..but i have to say what i can do on this little machine outstands me.

i could never go back to a regular phone...its all aboot smartphones
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    At the time of this reply the ratio of bad to good is 229:180.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Ummm... where did you come up with those numbers? Right now its ~55% good over bad (180 vs. 148).
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    You cannot count. Try again.
    Are you trying to count phones or users? As it stands right now:
    Code:
    How may Treo600 replacements have you had?

Zero: *******************   192 56%
    One : *********              90 26%
    Two : ****                   37 11%
    >=3 : **                     24  7%
    I was counting users.

But. assuming you're trying to count phones, and you assume each user ends up with a good phone after replacements you get good phones = 192 + 90 + 37 + 24 = 343. Compared to bad phones of 90*1 + 37*2 + 24*3 = 236. Still more good than bad.

ERic
    I don't post here very often. I don't think I've even participated in the polls being referenced. But I'll weigh in this once to say that I am more satisfied with the Treo 600 than with just about any other consumer product I've ever purchased. I received one of the first models from Treo central, and it has been my ONLY phone for more than half a year. It is a great phone. [Insert rampant praise for other features here.]

That being said, I specifically purchased the Sprint CDMA version because I know that GSM coverage in my area is poor. Friends with GSM phones of all description are overwhelmingly dissatisfied. I wonder if you've tried both versions of the 600.
  15. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I will reiterate what someone else said. I researched what the Treo 600 was capable of and what it was not capable of. Having this information, I purchased the Treo 600 knowing that it did not have bluetooth, high resolution screen, less than great camera, etc. I've had my Treo 600 since January. No replacements. No problems.
    The box that my treo came in says "Highly complex equipment with possibility for highly complex problems due to highly complex customization abilities. Please operate with IQ above 120. Please note if problems arise, insert stylus into back of device while holding power button, up button, crossing fingers while driving and smoking and then press up again to fix any problems."
    Imashton, other than the fact that the phone is highly problematic due to it being smarter than you (complex), you may just want to stick with your regular a$$ phone. The phone isn't a POS although I call it that myself and want to throw it across the room sometimes. It sounds like you didn't know what you were getting yourself into buying this phone. I love my treo and I wouldn't trade it for anything that did less than it does but it does give me a lot of grief and thats part of the territory. And then there is the possibility that you have had bad luck and just gotten crappy versions of the phone but, honestly this phone is not for the faint at heart or anyone that doesn't like reading lots, troubleshooting, or minds having urges to throw $600 across the room.
    Also a side note to tie into this whole discussion....I have had the same Treo since November and I bought it off ebay after lurking here for at least a month. The only major problem I have had so far is provisioning problems after updating to v1.2 with Sprint and that was fixed after two days. Other than not having bluetoof and a slightly crappy speakerphone I really have no other complaints.
    Last edited by ProDucer; 06/03/2004 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    The box that my treo came in says "Highly complex equipment with possibility for highly complex problems due to highly complex customization abilities. Please operate with IQ above 120. Please note if problems arise, insert stylus into back of device while holding power button, up button, crossing fingers while driving and smoking and then press up again to fix any problems."
    Imashton, other than the fact that the phone is highly problematic due to it being smarter than you (complex), you may just want to stick with your regular a$$ phone. The phone isn't a POS although I call it that myself and want to throw it across the room sometimes. It sounds like you didn't know what you were getting yourself into buying this phone. I love my treo and I wouldn't trade it for anything that did less than it does but it does give me a lot of grief and thats part of the territory. And then there is the possibility that you have had bad luck and just gotten crappy versions of the phone but, honestly this phone is not for the faint at heart or anyone that doesn't like reading lots, troubleshooting, or minds having urges to throw $600 across the room.
    Also a side note to tie into this whole discussion....I have had the same Treo since November and I bought it off ebay after lurking here for at least a month. The only major problem I have had so far is provisioning problems after updating to v1.2 with Sprint and that was fixed after two days. Other than not having bluetoof and a slightly crappy speakerphone I really have no other complaints.
    Good one !
  18.    #58  
    Amazing! I posted the first message because I really had enough of the phone. Then one day later it's a war? My phones didnt work out well, the phone is a POS. It's cool, it does alot of things, remote desktop, ftp, ect, things I use everyday, but bottom line the phone has to work. When the earpiece goes out it turns into a expensive Palm device. I did the research on this phone, and got the first one in our area that I know of. I really miss the features and coolness of it but in my business I need to be able to count on this device and it did not work out for me. Don't get personal and try to be smug and blame it on IQ problems or misuse. This is not the place to get personal, I was refering to the Treo 600, but it seems you are really personal with your Treo 600 so I suggest you look for the mouth piece on yours...place lips on it...blow it up and you and your Treo have dinner & movie....
    Hmm:
    Don't get personal and try to be smug and blame it on IQ
    This is not the place to get personal,
    so I suggest you look for the mouth piece on yours...place lips on it...blow it up and you and your Treo have dinner & movie
    Yea...
    get this, i RETURNED my first one because i didn't think it would do what i wanted it to. after giving it second thought, i bought it AGAIN, my company now employs the Good server, and i couldn't be happier. so far so good with mine, it's too bad that your experience was so horrible. perhaps you got a faulty device, perhaps some of the others did too, but most people have enjoyed great success with theirs. give it another try like i did!! you might end up loving it.

best success
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast