Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    CV,

I prefer to have the "off after X seconds" option for the screen on a call. That way you do not have to remember each time. Thanks for the great products and support!

Keith
    Last edited by peridoc; 06/07/2004 at 10:27 PM.
    On the CDMA model the mp3 or corresponding ringer now stops immediately upon answering or hitting button.

On your next quetion I would prefer "off after x seconds" as well.
    Very Very minor issue: In the app launcher or in my case arrow launcher Technician is spelled "Tecnician".
    confusedvorlon

I for one would like to see the "screen off during a call" option added. Being able to set the specific time is the way I would want to go.

Is the debug version the second version or is it specific to sprint users?

keep up the good work.
    I'm using Orange UK GSM and find that if I assign a mp3 as a ring tone, I still get the original phone tone from the Treo setup and then your program kicks in with my mp3.

I assume this is wrong, is this an Orange only bug ?

The idea of a wav file of my voice sounds cool

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I'm using Orange UK GSM and find that if I assign a mp3 as a ring tone, I still get the original phone tone from the Treo setup and then your program kicks in with my mp3.

I assume this is wrong, is this an Orange only bug ?

The idea of a wav file of my voice sounds cool

Chas
    When you enable funky ringer - It should set your standard ring to zero volume. It changes it back when you disable funky ringer.

I did find at least once that the ringer seemed to revert to non-silent. If you can pin down when this happens it would be helpful - otherwise, just go to the sound preferences and set ringer vol to zero or try diabling and re-enabling funky ringer.

I'm on orange UK - so this itsn't a fundamental orange bug!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Yep, works fine.

Silly me had turned the volume up without realising it.

I will watch out for it turning the standard ring back on and let you know.

Cheers,

Chas
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Hi folks - I know I'm asking for trouble here, but have any of you tried phone Technician as well as lightwav & callfilter? It seems there is a big difference in the lag for each to invoke pockettunes and I'd appreciate feedback on how Phone Technician compares.
    Hi, this is a reply to a message you posted in another thread.

I just tried out Phone Technician and it seems to work pretty well. A slight lag when the phone starts ringing, but not bad at all. I've found LightWav to be pretty instantaneous in regard to this when the mp3 is stored in RAM. Is there any way PT or Butler can access an mp3 in RAM?

Even though I just purchased LightWav earlier this week, I like the simplicity and unobtrusiveness of Phone Technician, so I'm probably going to buy PT and use it instead. It seems like PT and Butler (which I'm also just now trying out) may very well satisfy many people's mp3 needs.

Thanks for these useful apps!
    I tried Phone Technician and I found what seemed to be a bug?
    I loaded a song (full song, not something designed to be a ringer) as my rinder and when I called, about 10 seconds of the song played, then looped back to the beginning.
    Is this as intended? Is there anyway to get it to play through until you answer?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I tried Phone Technician and I found what seemed to be a bug?
    I loaded a song (full song, not something designed to be a ringer) as my rinder and when I called, about 10 seconds of the song played, then looped back to the beginning.
    Is this as intended? Is there anyway to get it to play through until you answer?
    You can set the 'repeat every' delay up to 20 seconds. After which whatever you have set will repeat. I've upped that to 30 secs in the next version (due imminently!) -so this is what is intended. I just didn't think people would be wanting mp3s to play for extended periods on a ringtone.
    Hobbyist Software
    confusedvorlon,
    I've purchased TreoButler and Technician and use both daily (my mobile is my only phone).
    I am using a 20 sec. clip of "Love Spreads" by The Stone Roses (the opening guitar solo) as my ringer. I had it constantly looping when I had Repeat Every 0 Seconds... so after trial and error, I had Technician repeat every 20 sec. and it works fine now.

I am using an MP3 splicer to create 20 second clips, but it would be cool if Technician just knew when to repeat (at the end of an MP3)... If it already does this, then I'm lame for not trying it =) Thanks.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfin
    confusedvorlon,
    I've purchased TreoButler and Technician and use both daily (my mobile is my only phone).
    I am using a 20 sec. clip of "Love Spreads" by The Stone Roses (the opening guitar solo) as my ringer. I had it constantly looping when I had Repeat Every 0 Seconds... so after trial and error, I had Technician repeat every 20 sec. and it works fine now.

I am using an MP3 splicer to create 20 second clips, but it would be cool if Technician just knew when to repeat (at the end of an MP3)... If it already does this, then I'm lame for not trying it =) Thanks.
    Glad you like them , unfortunately I won't be able to help on the repeat issue - Pocket tunes handles the playing and (unless I've missed something) doesn't let butler know when it's finished.

edit- one thought. You can probably set pt to auto-repeat and then just set the mp3 to play once. Butler should still stop it when the call is answered. Give it a try and let us know if you have any luck.
    Hobbyist Software
    hmm, just installed PT but when I test an MP3 the phone just vibrates , no sound! And , yes, I have set the volume to > 0 , and the phone isn't set to mute ... oh, and pTunes plays the MP3 fine.

Having the same trouble w/ MIDI and Tones.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Yeah the test doesn't play the mp3, but if you actually ring the treo it works fine (this is with version 0.3)
    Quote Originally Posted by V8ED
    hmm, just installed PT but when I test an MP3 the phone just vibrates , no sound! And , yes, I have set the volume to > 0 , and the phone isn't set to mute ... oh, and pTunes plays the MP3 fine.

Having the same trouble w/ MIDI and Tones.
    What happens when you receive a phone call though ?

In my case it rings, or whatever, OK. So it's just a problem in test mode
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    confusedvorlon please......
    Add the ability to have the screen turn off during a phone call

Butler + Phone Technician registered user
    aha! It does work when receiving a call. Cheers for that. btw, it's only playing the 1st 10seconds and then loops . That normal ?
    Try increasing the "Repeat Every" duration to 20 seconds and see what happens.
    Also (assuming you are using an MP3 as your ringer) I did try clicking in the Repeat button on pTunes. Also, try "Play" 1 time or 2 times only.

Hope that helps.
    The question was asked earlier regarding getting PT to play a MP3 from RAM rather than a SD card. Is there any chance of seeing such an enhancement? Is Lightwav the only app right now that will play a MP3 ringtone from RAM?

Bill
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeg55
    The question was asked earlier regarding getting PT to play a MP3 from RAM rather than a SD card. Is there any chance of seeing such an enhancement? Is Lightwav the only app right now that will play a ringtone from RAM?
    Hi - Until PT supports play from RAM, Phone Technician won't.
    Hobbyist Software
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast