Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. JesterHS's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just updated my Treo with the new firmware from the PalmOne website and my T600 now soft resets randomly. Sometimes when I click a link on the web, other times when I am deleting email. Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas on what it could be.

    Thanks in Advance!
  2. skidoo's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #2  
    What hardware revision do you have? I've got a B, and have had no problems at all with the update (applied it the day it was made availabe). Maybe you have some funky hack software installed or something.
  3. #3  
    There are many discussions about reset behaviors - see the thread called Update, Update, Update in particular. You probably have some conflicting software that needs to be removed, deactivated or updated that you restored to the Tro after the update.

    Some hints:
    Phone skinning applications are the worst culprit. Delete the Phone aplication from RAM to cure this.
    Lightwav - deactivate it
    TreoTools, TreoHelper or Treo Butler - deactivate
    Any other application that tricks out the Treo to do something special wirelessly - you should deactivate and either get the updated version or leave off.
    Finally the Mail application - if you had the beta version, you now have a verion in RAM and the official version in ROM. You should nuke the copy in RAM using the Delete command. You will have to set it up again but it will make for a more reliable experience.
  4. #4  
    Most of us having problems have already tried all the "usual" methods of trying to find conflicts. (Removing apps, soft reboots, hard reboots, you name it...) I've got a Rev B Treo too and have had nothing but problems since the update. For most of us with problems the conflict is in the update it's self.
  5. JesterHS's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
       #5  
    Thanks for all the info. The thread Update, Update, Update has a lot of good info. BTW, I have rev. C.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Finally the Mail application - if you had the beta version, you now have a verion in RAM and the official version in ROM. You should nuke the copy in RAM using the Delete command. You will have to set it up again but it will make for a more reliable experience.

    Man, I can't make this work. Via FileZ I can see the two copies, but I can't get the beta to delete. If you use the app delete command and delete "Mail", it removes the mail app (at least in theory), but apparently not the supporting files... When I try to delete MailExchange-HsMx, I get an error message and it won't delete...

    So even after I setup the mail app again, I still have the beta... Ideas??
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Most of us having problems have already tried all the "usual" methods of trying to find conflicts. (Removing apps, soft reboots, hard reboots, you name it...) I've got a Rev B Treo too and have had nothing but problems since the update. For most of us with problems the conflict is in the update it's self.
    I am interested to hear what oddities you are seeing with no extra software installed (post-hard reset). The problems may reside in your Saved Preferences file. Nuking this file can solve some deep problems (and cause some annoyances too - e.g. you have to reregister some software and refresh some settings).

    In response to the later posting: to nuke a file that claims that it is in use, you have to Warm reset the Treo. This detaches any system files from the OS and allows them to be deleted. Then soft reset afterwards.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    In response to the later posting: to nuke a file that claims that it is in use, you have to Warm reset the Treo. This detaches any system files from the OS and allows them to be deleted. Then soft reset afterwards.
    MANY THANKS Poryphyron. The warm reset followed by deleting the files did the trick!
  9. #9  
    BTW, has anyone solved the reset when trying to attach a file to the new mail app? I assumed successfully upgrading from the Beta might fix it, but no - it still resets as soon as I hit "options" then "insert attachment"...
  10. #10  
    The problem I am having is when I try to leave Blazer, (about 3 out of 4 times) by pressing either the Phone, Application, Mail buttons the screen goes blank (white glow) and nothing works unless I soft reset.

    JC
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    I am interested to hear what oddities you are seeing with no extra software installed (post-hard reset).
    My problem is degraded signal strength (ending up with no service and/or dropped calls) in a location that previously was fine (my office). Same behavior after the hard reset, with or without the extra software loaded. The update process itself went fine, btw. Revision C.

    After speaking to tech support several times, I took it to the Sprint store. I'm currently waiting for the replacement.

    ~~~~~~~~

Posting Permissions