Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, I wiped out the file, re-entered my mail info and settings, and now I can't even detect GPRS! I'm getting a "Please Wait" that I've never seen before, which stays on for a minute, then the "Signing ON" message, then a "Error: GPRS Not Available" message.

RATS!!

I fixed the problem. For some reason the Web User Data file had all the records deleted. I used FileZ to look at the file - all 100 records were deleted. Fortunately, I had it backed up (thank you BackupBuddyVFS!), I just restored it, and now I'm back to normal (whew!).
    Last edited by shneor; 07/13/2004 at 12:29 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Save a copy of the new file to a sd card in a temp directory.
    hey Chas - I have FileZ, and I can't figure out how to save a copy of this file to my sd card - or for that matter, how to save a copy of any file anywhere without just renaming the original file - any advice? Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by visorhawk
    hey Chas - I have FileZ, and I can't figure out how to save a copy of this file to my sd card - or for that matter, how to save a copy of any file anywhere without just renaming the original file - any advice? Thanks...
    I'm now using version 6.3, but the following should be the same for the previous versions.

Start FileZ, "Tap View and Edit Files", find the file you want to copy and Tap it.

There should now be a tick against it. Now press the Menu Key, or Tap the Top of the screen near the word FileZ.

Tap the command copy, it should now give you a choice of places to put the file, choose your Card and Tap where you want to put it.

Avoid the folder Palm/Launcher, ideally make a folder called Temp or such.

That's it, you should still have the original plus a copy on your card.

Hope that helps

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Chas: I don't care about saving emails, but I don't like losing the email address Autocomplete function for outgoing email. Does your fix save the addresses?
    I agree that an app would be awesome!

The last time I deleted my Email.Lib. file my Treo got really messed up! I was not able to attach pics to my emails and all text messages were embedded with code. I finally completely wiped out all memory of the previous email account and built it up from scratch. A pain to say the least but now I can send pics as attachments and no more embedded code. Phew!

(P.S. I had deleted this Email file before to create space but this last time it had a surprise for me).

So who's interested in writing that program?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    Chas: I don't care about saving emails, but I don't like losing the email address Autocomplete function for outgoing email. Does your fix save the addresses?
    To be honest I do not know the answer to that.

I use SnapperMail now so I can not test it out either.

I'm sure someone else knows the answer thought

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Actually, I use Snapper now too, primarily because it supports IMAP
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    interesting question - I've found the Autocomplete to be very spotty in Treo Mail anyway - it seems a very rare day that it will remember an email address i use twice in the same day - do you not have that problem? so I guess to address your point, I haven't seen any difference since deleting, but then again, I wasn't too impressed previously...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12