Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    well i did a hard reset before i read your post, and it worked
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    I have Butler v.1.62 and Technician .4 and everything worked great. I recently installed ReqWireless Webviewer on my Treo and now every time after approx 5 mins. after I exit Webviewer, my treo (butler) sets off an reminder but there is nothing in the alert pane. I am not sure why this happens or if you are able to test for it, but I will help if possible. You can get a demo of the webviewer at www.reqwireless.com if you need it. Thanks!

Keith

Hi folks,

I've got the java environment installed and webviewer running. It seems to trigger alerts if and only if the attention manager option is selected in butler.
    I'll have a look in a debug environment - but it seems that every time webviewer sends off for some data, it's triggering an alert when the data starts returning. you can clear the alert with the centre key - until the next page load/refresh etc.

My first guess is that the java environment or webviewer are abusing the attention manager! If that's the case - (I'll check tonight) then the only option will be for customers to start giving grief to webviewer and or the java folks.

edit - as an aside - why are people using webviewer rather than blazer, xiino or similar?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am using webviewer because for full length sites it loads the information faster than blazer. I was having an issue with resets and xiino, so I gave webviewer a try and liked the combo of it and blazer on my Treo.

Keith
  4.    #124  
    I've checked what's happening with webviewer - it is definitely causing the 'sysNotifyGotUsersAttention' notification to be triggered. Don't know whether this is due to the java environment or webviewer - but it shouldn't happen!

I suggest direct feedback to webviewer in the first place.
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I sent an email and also posted on their forum. I guess we will see how they respond. Thanks for doing the research for what was happening!

Keith
  6.    #126  
    Hi Folks,

re the webviewer problem,

can you run this debug app to help me double-check what kind of alert is being triggered by webviewer.

Instructions:
    make sure attention grabber led state is set to leave
    enable attion grabber

let me know what colour the LED turns when the alerts are triggered by webviewer. If it's not clear - you can read it in the LED preference page of butler.

Thanks

- also, I've figured out why some people were having problems with missed calls not being grabbed I think. Should have been fixable with a reset though. Will be fixed next version...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hobbyist Software
    Please consider updating Butler to use the newer Pocket Tunes API that allows playing sounds without overwriting the current playlist. IMO the MP3 feature is unusable because of this.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    I also have the same problem with Webviewer as the other person pointed out exept mine will alert during the webviewer app very annoying will not go away until i exit webviewer.The only way to prevent it is to uncheck the alerts manager in Butler but then alerts wont work for other things. Im thinking it has to do with the java enviroment. Please advise. Thanks
    I've double checked what's happening
    WebViewer is triggereing fast green
    fast green is triggered when the attention manager notification is sent:

sysNotifyGotUsersAttention

The sysNotifyGotUsersAttention notification is broadcast when the Attention Manager has finished displaying or sounding its attention indicators (blinking, playing sounds, vibrating, and so on).

No idea why webviewer is causing this - perhaps to help in managing the progress displays.

Not ticking the 'attention manager' box should stop this happening. Otherwise, not much I can do I'm afraid.

Feedback to the webviewer team perhaps...
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have posted this information on the ReqWireless forum. We will see what they say. Thanks for helping to figure out what was going on!

Keith
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I upgraded Verichat recently to 2.19b and have issues with the LED as well. After I receive an incoming chat notification and type back and forth with someone, the LED starts flashing (I have it set to OFF) and then when I return the Treo to the charger, the LED changes to red, which is the default behavior for charging.
    I just downloaded Butler for my 650 and love it! I am wondering about one thing: is it possible to make the unit vibrate and beep at the same time when an email alert is received and the system sounds switch is set to on?
    thanks!

the way it seems now is that the vibration alerts only work one way or the other. if the "Vibrate when system sounds off" option is used, vibrate works then, but not when sounds are on. is it possible to make it always vibrate?
    thanks!
    Last edited by bobdole42; 12/07/2004 at 06:08 PM.
  12.    #132  
    butler definitely vibrates when the ringer is on - providing you don't select 'only vibrate when ringer is off' in preferences.

let me know if you can't fix it!
    Hobbyist Software
    I just downloaded treobutler and I can't get my SMS messages to not popup. It quickly pops up then disappears. I want to just get a flashing LED and a vibrate to let me know if there is a SMS.

Am I doing something wrong?
    I noticed some odd behavior with version 2.4. I have the Attention Grabber enabled for Attention Manager, Incoming Calls, Incoming SMS and for Voicemail Notification. The Alert is set to play 0 times, 0 volume, 0 times vibrate, LED to Solid Orange, repeat every 10s up to 1 times. I also have the Voicemail Waiting set to Solid Orange.

Sometimes when I get a call, answer it, have my talk and then hang up, the LED will go solid orange right when I hang up. I have to switch of the 650 (not the phone) and turn it back on to the Phone app to clear it.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    I just downloaded treobutler and I can't get my SMS messages to not popup. It quickly pops up then disappears. I want to just get a flashing LED and a vibrate to let me know if there is a SMS.

Am I doing something wrong?
    That's what's meant to happen. I haven't figured out how to stop the popup, so I just dismiss it quickly.
    Hobbyist Software
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I noticed some odd behavior with version 2.4. I have the Attention Grabber enabled for Attention Manager, Incoming Calls, Incoming SMS and for Voicemail Notification. The Alert is set to play 0 times, 0 volume, 0 times vibrate, LED to Solid Orange, repeat every 10s up to 1 times. I also have the Voicemail Waiting set to Solid Orange.

Sometimes when I get a call, answer it, have my talk and then hang up, the LED will go solid orange right when I hang up. I have to switch of the 650 (not the phone) and turn it back on to the Phone app to clear it.
    can you try changing the led on the attention grabber so we can confirm if it is that led setting.

My first guess is that a phone technician register alert is triggering the attention grab. Are you finding it (or any other alert) in the attention manager?
    Hobbyist Software
    anyway to disable the power button from hanging up phone calls and only allowing the center button?
    also, do you think you'll be able to fix the sms problem? not having the sms popup at all? just LED indication?
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    can you try changing the led on the attention grabber so we can confirm if it is that led setting.
    Turns out I had Attention Grabber enabled for Incoming calls. As soon as I disabled that, this issue went away. I suppose it actually did what it was supposed to do and I just did not understand that option..
    I was just wondering if there was ever a fix for the webviewer issue?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast