Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Palmgear still has 1.5.

P.S. Any chance of NOT having to re-enter registration code? That registration reminder alarm that happens when I forget to put in my code is really starting to **** me off. Especially when I'm already asleep!
    Quote Originally Posted by beergeek
    Palmgear still has 1.5.

P.S. Any chance of NOT having to re-enter registration code? That registration reminder alarm that happens when I forget to put in my code is really starting to **** me off. Especially when I'm already asleep!
    It says 1.62 but 1.5 is in the zip
    Yep, only getting 1.5

I guess we have to wait for Palm Gear to update?
  4.    #64  
    Palmgear still has 1.5.

1.62 now loaded in the zip file - my mistake.

Re registration - sorry, you have to re-register.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    RE: re-registration -- any chance this could change in the near future?

Seems like something that only those of us who paid for the software.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  6.    #66  
    RE: re-registration -- any chance this could change in the near future?

Seems like something that only those of us who paid for the software.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    The other way of looking at is it's something that only happens to people who get free upgrades

Sorry - this one isn't going to change any time soon.
    Hobbyist Software
    What is meant by "re-register"?

Do you mean just re-entering our existing registration code?
    I think he means it would be nice if Butler remembered the registration code somewhere special, so when he upgrades Butler he doesn't have to type in the code every time. That would be nice, but not a big deal in the long run I guess.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    With 1.62 I still don't get missed call alerts.

Although as soon as I got an SMS my LED turned orange and I was reminded every 30s about the SMS (although the first reminder didn't vibrate, the second one did).

Oh well, back to 1.5 for me...
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Cool app ....

Is there a way to play and MP3 as a ringtone for individual callers?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00

Although as soon as I got an SMS my LED turned orange and I was reminded every 30s about the SMS (although the first reminder didn't vibrate, the second one did).

This is annoying - I'll pm you to try and get a debug version running on your phone to let me know what is happening

As to the sms - my guess is that the first alert was the one from the sms app. I'd be surprised if butler itself was inconsistent in the way it did vibration.
    Hobbyist Software
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by hostage46
    Cool app ....

Is there a way to play and MP3 as a ringtone for individual callers?
    Hi Hostage,

Butler is not a good app to give you an mp3 ringtone - it waits until the call is missed - then at least 10s before alerting you. The idea is to alert you that you have missed things.

Phone Technician gives you mp3 ringtones - but if you want person-specific ringtones, you need something like lightwav.
    Hobbyist Software
    Hi Confusedvorlon,

I just upgraded to version 1.62. I like the new behavior of the LED. It is a welcome improvement. I think Buter’s functionality is indispensable, that’s why I registered it. I mainly use the attention grabber features. I have one small question/request. Why can only Midi’s take advantage of the ‘Keep Screen Off’ option? I have my auto-off set at one min and Buter attention grabber alarm is set to ring once every 5m, 6 times. I would like to have it remind me every min for the next 30 times but that would keep my screen on for 30min (draining batteries). I don’t like any of the sounds from the old database. It would be nice to make that a general option, if possible.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapz
    Hi Confusedvorlon,

I just upgraded to version 1.62. I like the new behavior of the LED. It is a welcome improvement. I think Buter?s functionality is indispensable, that?s why I registered it. I mainly use the attention grabber features. I have one small question/request. Why can only Midi?s take advantage of the ?Keep Screen Off? option? I have my auto-off set at one min and Buter attention grabber alarm is set to ring once every 5m, 6 times. I would like to have it remind me every min for the next 30 times but that would keep my screen on for 30min (draining batteries). I don?t like any of the sounds from the old database. It would be nice to make that a general option, if possible.
    Hi there,

This one is to do with the way the system plays sounds. For polyphonic tones, It just doesn't seem to work with the screen off. I'm sure it's not a fundamental hardware issue - but I can't work out any way round it. If there are any developers out there who know how to make polyphonic tones work when the screen is off - please let me know!
    With mp3s, playing them through the pocket tunes API causes the screen to flash on and off. I could take this up with Tim at Normsoft - he might be able to fix it...
    Hobbyist Software
    Would it be too much trouble to have the functionality of the "Keep Screen Off" checkbox turn off the treo600 after the sound has finished when polyphonic tones are selected?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapz
    Would it be too much trouble to have the functionality of the "Keep Screen Off" checkbox turn off the treo600 after the sound has finished when polyphonic tones are selected?
    'fraid so
    As far as I know, if you want tune playing to be interruptable (i.e. with a keypress), then you don't know when the tone has finished playing. This is actually related to the problem where for a long midi, the screen will turn off (and stop it) before it's finished.
    Hobbyist Software
    Maybe it does this now in the 1.61, but not in my registered version.

Anyway, I have a SprintPCS CDMA Treo 600 and some of its phone features annoy me and many other users. Does Butler address these or could it or could there be a new for sale version that does, please see below:

1) When you get your first unheard voicemail, you get a splash screen dialog box that prompts you that you have a new voicemail message- it has an OK and a LISTEN button on it. It does not go away until you tap a button. Meaning, that it never clears away from the screen unless you tap a button and go to an Alert- unlike say a calendar alarm which pops up and eventually, within a period of time, goes away without tapping a button and becomes an Alert.

2) Same thing with Missed Calls. That OK or CALL BACK dialog stays on screen and does not clear and become an Alert either.

My idea is for an app to have the functionality to basically intercept these dialogs and make them both Alert messages in the Alert manager.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00

I've also noticed that the alert doesn't vibrate the first time, but does after that. I'm using v1.5.
    I've been asking for this functionality forever! NO ONE has responded to whether or not this can even be done. My mail will not fetch when there is a voicemail waiting dialogue on the screen. Confusedvorlon, can you incorporate this into Butler?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by procure
    I've also noticed that the alert doesn't vibrate the first time, but does after that. I'm using v1.5.
    Can you confirm that this is a butler alert that is not vibrating? Set the butler sound to something unusual and see if you get unusual sound + no vibrate.

I suspect you're just getting the standard alert that you would have got without butler.
    Hobbyist Software