been using 1.61 for a day and no problems

treo600 gsm cingular v1.12
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    option under misc
    Replaces keyguard with alternative. Small unobtrusive key
    - you can still see whole screen
    - you can change screens with hard keys
    - select timeout delay
    - and (most importantly) doesn't stop other alarm programs from sounding when the keyguard is active. (has this been fixed in later ROMs? - it was a terrible piece of design!)
    So that means I disable the existing key guard?

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    Installed v1.61 as instructed. Works well, but I have to launch it from the main Apps screen because it isn't visible in ZLauncher even after a refresh (I tried anyway even though it's in RAM...)
    how come I can't download .prc from my Treo?!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    So that means I disable the existing key guard?

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    Nope - you keep the existing keyguard. the AK will be triggered whenever the normal keyguard tries to activate itself. You just won't see the normal keyguard
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I installed ver 1.61 last night. Everything seems to be working fine on my SprintPCS Treo with fw 1.10 except that I get no alert for a missed call. No sound, no led, no reaction at all that I can see.
    just a suggestion to get 1.61 working. I had to delete butler/treobutler using the normal palm delete (not filez etc). I then installed 1.61 which did the reset.

after the reset I re-entered butler and defined my preferences. they were lost when I deleted the previous butler.

without following this, I had problems. I haven't had problems (for me) since I do this for every install. good luck from another customer.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    just a suggestion to get 1.61 working. I had to delete butler/treobutler using the normal palm delete (not filez etc). I then installed 1.61 which did the reset.

after the reset I re-entered butler and defined my preferences. they were lost when I deleted the previous butler.

without following this, I had problems. I haven't had problems (for me) since I do this for every install. good luck from another customer.

I tried your delete method and reinstalled 1.61. The no alert for a missed call issue remains. But thanks for the suggestion.

I have also noticed that on alarm 1 only the first 5 seconds of the midi plays and cuts out. Alarm 2 with the same setup sounds for about 30 seconds before it cuts out. When alarm 2 repeats it only plays about 5 seconds of the midi and goes silent. I have the alert interval set at 2 min so they donít overlap with alarms. In earlier versions of Butler the entire midi would play.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea
    I tried your delete method and reinstalled 1.61. The no alert for a missed call issue remains. But thanks for the suggestion.

I have also noticed that on alarm 1 only the first 5 seconds of the midi plays and cuts out. Alarm 2 with the same setup sounds for about 30 seconds before it cuts out. When alarm 2 repeats it only plays about 5 seconds of the midi and goes silent. I have the alert interval set at 2 min so they donít overlap with alarms. In earlier versions of Butler the entire midi would play.

OK now I see that how long the alarm sounds is related to the screen being on.

When the alarms sound and the screen is already off, the screen comes on the alarm starts to sound, after 10 seconds the screen shuts off and the alarm falls silent.

If the screen is already on the alarm will sound until the screen timeout occurs and the screen goes off and again the alarm goes silent.
    @confusedvorlon: I just purchased your great Butler and Technician which make my Treo twice as valuable. Thanks for these great tools. It seems that you have a very good understanding of people's needs and wishes
    Maybe you will find this feature useful as well and will add it to Butler: It would be great to be able to disable the stupid key clicks somehow without disabling systems sounds in the preferences. Can this be done somehow?
    I haven't attempted to recreate it, but I changed my morning alarm from 6:00am to 5:30a. This morning, Butler promptly tried to wake me up at 6:00am. It stored the fact that it should go off at 5:30, because after checking the alarm, it did say 5:30a. The only problem is, it went off at 6:00a. I did a soft reset to see if the new alarm time will take. I'll know tomorrow morning.

C
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea
    OK now I see that how long the alarm sounds is related to the screen being on.

When the alarms sound and the screen is already off, the screen comes on the alarm starts to sound, after 10 seconds the screen shuts off and the alarm falls silent.

If the screen is already on the alarm will sound until the screen timeout occurs and the screen goes off and again the alarm goes silent.
    That will happen I'm afraid. If butler has to turn the screen on, it will set the auto off timeout to match the setting in the alternative keyguard (even if you're not using it) - so you can extend up to 15 secs.

It will also try to turn the screen on every repeat - so if you play once every 10secs (with timeout<10secs), you should get every repeat.
    Hobbyist Software
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by controller
    I haven't attempted to recreate it, but I changed my morning alarm from 6:00am to 5:30a. This morning, Butler promptly tried to wake me up at 6:00am. It stored the fact that it should go off at 5:30, because after checking the alarm, it did say 5:30a. The only problem is, it went off at 6:00a. I did a soft reset to see if the new alarm time will take. I'll know tomorrow morning.

C
    This will be very disturbing if it is the case! (boom boom)
    Normally the problem here is that you set the alarm, but don't press 'set & close'. That will change the alarm time (and keep it changed) but won't set the new alarm.

If you want to try to re-create the problem, you can use alarmlist to see what has been set (without having to wait until the morning!)

Let me know how you get on.
    Hobbyist Software
    Butler will not vibrate only when switched off. I check the box in preferences but when I leave, it unchecks itself. Also, the aler reminder keeps going off even after I answer a call or ackknowledge a message. One more thing is I have treohelper to check my snappermail when I get a specific SMS message. It then deletes that message & just fetches my mail. Well I never see that sms cuz it's deleted before I see it (hope that makes sense). Well I get the alert reminder for a message I never got!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Butler will not vibrate only when switched off. I check the box in preferences but when I leave, it unchecks itself. Also, the aler reminder keeps going off even after I answer a call or ackknowledge a message. One more thing is I have treohelper to check my snappermail when I get a specific SMS message. It then deletes that message & just fetches my mail. Well I never see that sms cuz it's deleted before I see it (hope that makes sense). Well I get the alert reminder for a message I never got!
    I'll check the 'vibrate only if off' option. Re the sms - I'm afraid you're stuck with that one. Butler just waits for sms's to arrive. It doesn't know that another app has decided to delete it!
    Hobbyist Software
    What is the link to the latest version?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    What is the link to the latest version?
    see post #1 in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    This will be very disturbing if it is the case! (boom boom)
    Normally the problem here is that you set the alarm, but don't press 'set & close'. That will change the alarm time (and keep it changed) but won't set the new alarm.

If you want to try to re-create the problem, you can use alarmlist to see what has been set (without having to wait until the morning!)

Let me know how you get on.
    The soft reset has moved the alarm to 5:30a. I will mess with it today and get back to you.

C
    Maybe it does this now in the 1.61, but not in my registered version.

Anyway, I have a SprintPCS CDMA Treo 600 and some of its phone features annoy me and many other users. Does Butler address these or could it or could there be a new for sale version that does, please see below:

1) When you get your first unheard voicemail, you get a splash screen dialog box that prompts you that you have a new voicemail message- it has an OK and a LISTEN button on it. It does not go away until you tap a button. Meaning, that it never clears away from the screen unless you tap a button and go to an Alert- unlike say a calendar alarm which pops up and eventually, within a period of time, goes away without tapping a button and becomes an Alert.

2) Same thing with Missed Calls. That OK or CALL BACK dialog stays on screen and does not clear and become an Alert either.

My idea is for an app to have the functionality to basically intercept these dialogs and make them both Alert messages in the Alert manager.
  20.    #60  
    Should fix the remainig issues (some missed calls not being acknowledged) & vibrate only if ringer off not saving state.

Let me know of any bugs!
    Hobbyist Software
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast