Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I got unsupported file type also.
    the blinking screen,,,,,it drives me mad. what should i do, with the butler keygaurd off, it wont automatically back up
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    the blinking screen,,,,,it drives me mad. what should i do, with the butler keygaurd off, it wont automatically back up
    Go back to 1.5? Wait a few hours and install 1.61?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    are you asking suggesting or telling? i am curious is 1.61 working? will this stop the keygaurd form making it blink
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    are you asking suggesting or telling? i am curious is 1.61 working? will this stop the keygaurd form making it blink
    Just suggestions - 1.61 exists so far merely as a plan for my evenings work!
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I'm pretty sure the AK is the culprit here. If you turn on, don't diosable the AK, then turn off - it isn't clearing the AK alarm - so is still turning on the screen to turn the screen off.

Alerts just seem to exacerbate this...
    What is AK???
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    What is AK???
    Alternative keyguard.

It's one of the settings in the Bulter "misc" area.
  8.    #28  
    OK - 1.61 now up. (first post in thread)

I think the blinking screen issue is fixed.

I've also fixed the snooze function (old bug just pointed out in another thread)

Plus improved mp3 handling by the attention grabber (now turns off the mp3 when the lert acknowledged). Using mp3s for the attention grabber not really a great idea though - they tend to slow the treo.

If you have any bugs - Please be explicit that you got them on 1.61
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm having NO problems with my sprint t600. dont worry confusedvorlon, not all of us are having problems!

FYI to everyone, i disabled all of the butlers features, did an uninstall with uninstall manager, then installed the new butler 1.6 and all is good.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have tried both 1.6 and 1.61 on my cingular gsm model (used on att) with the new official firmware. The only problem is that if I set Butler so that I get a blinking led for missed calls etc, it never goes off. I also use blinking green for VM and that works fine. I went back to 1.5 and all is well.

greg
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    I have tried both 1.6 and 1.61 on my cingular gsm model (used on att) with the new official firmware. The only problem is that if I set Butler so that I get a blinking led for missed calls etc, it never goes off. I also use blinking green for VM and that works fine. I went back to 1.5 and all is well.

greg
    Edit - not sure if I read your post correctly.
    are you saying the LED starts flashing and never stops
    or never starts flashing
    If the latter, the instructions below apply.

If the former - can you double check that this is still a problem in 1.61 I found it in 1.6 but thought I'd fixed it.

Hi Greg,

can you follow the instructions in this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=51633

to find out what events are firing when the call comes in and when the other party hangs up(e.g. call is missed). It seems that the events are different across networks - and I need to know what your network does so I can spot a missed call.

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 06/04/2004 at 05:54 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Rob,
    I do not get the blinking LED when a call is missed. I will download the debugger and play around with it. I will report back this weekend.

greg
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Rob,
    I had a few minutes at work to play and here is what I found:

With the debug PT (and Butler 1.5 if that matters) I get the following events:

40 flashes then 10
    40 again
    Phone rings (with whatever I set in PT)
    Answer screen comes up
    Missed call screen

Does PT debug disable Butler? I ask because with PT installed I don't get the fast blink on a missed call and if I remove it it comes back. This is all with Butler 1.5 installed. I removed 1.6/1.61 as the missed call and VM blink are the main features that I use.

Hope this helps

greg
    No flashing so far on 1.61
    I use Sprint and 1.61 is working for me perfectly with missed calls and voice mail too. I just tested it.

I alway upgrade by deletiing previous version, install, redo all settings and reset.
    thanks confusedvorlon i look forward to testing dah new butlah I will do tonite when i return to montreal...

thanks again man
    I cannot get this to work for missed calls, I am pretty sure that is a normal feature for the attention grabber.
    I have 1.61 on my Sprint treo all day and so far I haven't noticed a glitch. the vm and missed call and email alerts all appear to work as designed (lcd, vibrate and sound).

It is possible I am overlooking an issue - but for me it's working.

I get the feeling the battery is running down quicker than 1.5 - but now I have the vibrate alert in use.

FWIW I an on the 1.20 update with hardware revision c.
    Can someone explain what the ALT keyguard is?

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Can someone explain what the ALT keyguard is?

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    option under misc
    Replaces keyguard with alternative. Small unobtrusive key
    - you can still see whole screen
    - you can change screens with hard keys
    - select timeout delay
    - and (most importantly) doesn't stop other alarm programs from sounding when the keyguard is active. (has this been fixed in later ROMs? - it was a terrible piece of design!)
    Hobbyist Software
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast