1.    #1  
    I've been having a bunch of problems with the phone side of my Sprint T600 lately. Here they are: (1) poor signal strength -- in places where I used to have 4 bars, I now have 2. At my home and office where I used to have no signal problems, I now have 1 bar or it switches to Roaming. (2) When I try tp place a call with 1 or 2 bars of service, I get the dialing screen, but it doesn't dial, and the legend says "No Service." Hanging up switches it back to saying Sprint and to 1 or 2 bars. (3) Calls are frequently dropped where they never dropped before. (4) Often, when I try to answer an incoming call, I can see the dialing screen, but keyguard remains on. Pressing the center button to deactivate screenguard sends the call directly to voice mail. (5) My battery drains much faster than it used to and takes longer to charge. Even with all these symptoms, I've never once gotten a Network Search message. Also, it seems that all these symptoms first started after the 1.2 upgrade, but that could just be a coincidence.

So do I have the dreaded condition, or is my phone just being tempermental?
    Last edited by rbienstock; 06/02/2004 at 09:17 PM.
    Regards,

Robert
    This would not be the "Network Search" problem many have experienced.
    I have the exact same problems and one more. when placing calls the speaker button reads "cancel speaker" but the speaker is not on. therefore I can't cut it on. strange thing is ptunes plays thru speaker just fine! only solution is to do soft reset everytime I want to talk on the speaker.
    John 3:16
  4.    #4  
    Well I'm glad that at least someone else is having these issues. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a fix?
    Regards,

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    I've been having a bunch of problems with the phone side of my Sprint T600 lately. Here they are: (1) poor signal strength -- in places where I used to have 4 bars, I now have 2. At my home and office where I used to have no signal problems, I now have 1 bar or it switches to Roaming. (2) When I try tp place a call with 1 or 2 bars of service, I get the dialing screen, but it doesn't dial, and the legend says "No Service." Hanging up switches it back to saying Sprint and to 1 or 2 bars. (3) Calls are frequently dropped where they never dropped before. (4) Often, when I try to answer an incoming call, I can see the dialing screen, but keyguard remains on. Pressing the center button to deactivate screenguard sends the call directly to voice mail. (5) My battery drains much faster than it used to and takes longer to charge. Even with all these symptoms, I've never once gotten a Network Search message. Also, it seems that all these symptoms first started after the 1.2 upgrade, but that could just be a coincidence.

So do I have the dreaded condition, or is my phone just being tempermental?
    I was having the "Network Search" problem with my replacement phone that I received in Feb (to replace another T600 that also had the "Network Search" problem).

When I upgraded to 1.20, I was hoping it would go away. It has not.

The only difference is that now, instead of saying "Network Search", it says "No Service".

So in my opinion, you DO have the Network Search problem.

I don't believe it is related to the 1.20 upgrade. If you got your phone about 3 months ago, then that is the time period that it begins to appear (this is my second experience with the same thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    Well I'm glad that at least someone else is having these issues. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a fix?
    Make Sprint replace it now, before it gets worse.
  7.    #7  
    FWIW, I went to a SPCS store and they tested my T600, and it failed the HP test, so I'm getting a replacement. What, exactly, is the HP test anyway?
    Regards,

Robert