1.    #1  
    Hi - im sorry if these questions have already been asked - i couldnt find them anywhere. I just bought a treo 600 and am using orange in the UK. here are my questions in no particular order:
    1) Is there a way to dial straight from the contacts list a number that has extra digits in it? eg a calling card number followed by the number? It leaves out the rest of the number when i do it and can only do it in the favourites list.
    2) I can not subscribe to GPRS (work account). Can i access the web through WAP? If so what do I need? My old nokia could do it with the same SIM so there has to be a way (right?) What settings do i need to know? At the moment I cant send / receive emails - can i do this on wap?
    3) If I update the firmware on my orange phone - what are the pros/cons of doing this - i need to unlock my phone though so I was thinking that i could use a non orange firmware update - any ideas? how do i check what version i have / need?
    4) Anyone know where i can get the cheapest all in one stereo headset + handsfree from? 20/$30 seems likely...

Thanks so much - your help would be REALLY appreciated!!
    additional digits can only be dialed from the speed dial (Favorites), not from Contacts.

can't help you with the others...
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarks
    Hi - im sorry if these questions have already been asked - i couldnt find them anywhere. I just bought a treo 600 and am using orange in the UK. here are my questions in no particular order:
    3) If I update the firmware on my orange phone - what are the pros/cons of doing this - i need to unlock my phone though so I was thinking that i could use a non orange firmware update - any ideas? how do i check what version i have / need?
    4) Anyone know where i can get the cheapest all in one stereo headset + handsfree from? 20/$30 seems likely...
    3) Unlocking your phone is not a matter of upgrading firmware. Here is a post that explains how to unlock your treo
    http://www.techwarelabs.com/communit...light=treo+600

but unless you know what you are doing, i don't recommend it.

As for upgrading the firmware, there are many posts on it and some people seem to have problems with the upgraded firmware. if you are satisfied with the way the phone works and have not encountered problems, don't upgrade. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. look through the upgrade features on palmone's website and see what the upgrade upgraded and see if these are features that you are in need of.

4) as far as i know, there are only two - one is the seidio that is available on treocentral.com and the other is here:
    http://www.pc-mobile.net/tr6aa.htm

Personally, i like the $5 adapter. Just connect a (good) pair of headphones to it and it works beautifully. I couldn't tell the difference between the treo600 mp3 player and my samsung yepp-55 256mb dedicated mp3 player! that's saying a lot cus the yepp is a great mp3 player.

cheapest place to buy the headset itself is seidio's website or treocentral.com. try ebay as well but because it is a buggy creature, u may not be able to return it if u buy from ebay.

Finally, if you need more help check out this other forum:
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...s=&forumid=180
  4.    #4  
    I can not subscribe to GPRS (work account). Can i access the web through WAP? If so what do I need? My old nokia could do it with the same SIM so there has to be a way (right?) What settings do i need to know? At the moment I cant send / receive emails - can i do this on wap?

ok thanks so much for that - that just leaves the question above (really important) and also - (less imprtant) if I use headphone and am listening to music - what if i get a call? Does it ring in the headphones?
    yes it does ring in the headphones. in fact, all sounds that normally come out through the speakers would be redirected to your headphones - even the beeps when you play games, click on different applications etc.

as for your question on WAP and GPRS, contact your service provider because we have no clue what your billing is like. best thing to do is ask and be sure.