1.    #1  
    I use the portable keyboard with my Treo 600 when I am in meetings to take notes. [Otherwise I can barely read my own writing ;-) ] However, I find that I have to stop several times to let the Treo catch up with what I type. I don't think I'm a super fast typer, but I seem to be faster than the Treo can keep up with (usually I type my notes in word files, via Docs to Go 6.008).

Does anyone know of a way to help the Treo be a little faster?

Thanks,

Louis
    I have no idea either.
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    On ocassion, I'll type 2 or 3 sentences and then watch as the Treo "catches up"
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Some thoughts... You may be using an application that is slowing down the system. I'd heard a while back that turning on the Equalizer of Pocket Tunes would do this...

Also, are you using the Treo600 specific product, or the multi-model IR keyboard?

I'm using the Treo600 keyboard and have no problems with speed. I also have one hell of alot of software installed. I do have a problem with the spacebar not reading presses (may just be my typing style), as well as soft resets when pressing certain buttons in various programs (Snappermail, etc).

;-)
    "I see dead pixels..."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gamedeveloper
    Some thoughts... You may be using an application that is slowing down the system. I'd heard a while back that turning on the Equalizer of Pocket Tunes would do this...

Also, are you using the Treo600 specific product, or the multi-model IR keyboard?
    I'm using the Treo600 specific. I do have PTunes, and use the Equalizer, but I didn't have any song running at the time. (didn't even have in my music SD Card). Would that still have an effect? I'll try turning it off and seeing what happens.

Thanks,

Louis
    When I had my Logitech keyboard before, it was slow as well. Someone made a new driver via YAHM (yet another hack manager) and it worked perfectly, no lag or slowdowns whatsoever. He was selling it for $6.95 but worth the cost IMO. I wonder if anyone's working on the Treo keyboard.