1.    #1  
    I've read through all the spam posts, but still cannot figure out the best solution for avoiding spam on my Treo 600.

I have Exchange server at work (with remote POP3 access), and two other POP3 personal email accounts I also check. I get a TON of spam on my work account, and have a good spam filter on my PC (Spamnet). I need an email service that will download the messages from all three accounts throughout the day and filter out the spam automatically, so that I can download the filtered messages from this account to my Treo Snappermail when I'm away from the PC.

I'm not interested in a challenge/response system like Mailblocks, I just want something with a good filter (like a Bayesian). I also don't want to set up SMS notifications, as I'm not on an unlimited SMS plan. I've seen services like Oddpost (www.oddpost.com) that come close, but Oddpost requires you to log into their server online to initiate the download from your accounts.

Any ideas?

Thanks -

Patrick
    You may want to check this out http://www.fastmail.fm/
    FastMail.FM sounds pretty decent. Is anyone using it on their Treo? Any other similar services out there?
    Enjoy what you do, or do something else!
    I've been using Fusemail www.fusemail.com. It has a number of spam filtering options, including one that 'learns' based on what's put in the spam folder.
    I've been using http://prismemail.com for a year now and swear by it. I think I've had one Spam get through in the last 4 months. I started using it especially for the ease on my Treo.
    Whether you go with http://www.fastmail.fm/ or another service, you may want to make sure it has IMAP capability. It looks like you are using Snappermail and version 2.0 will take advantage of this functionality.
    Snappermail 2 has yet to be released; in the meantine, get the service that best suits you NOW, you can always change it later.

Snapper2, has there been another release date mentioned yet?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Yes, I think you can get your hands on it in 2 days. So, IMAP is going to be something many people are going to want to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Snappermail 2 has yet to be released; in the meantine, get the service that best suits you NOW, you can always change it later.

Snapper2, has there been another release date mentioned yet?
    I have not tried http://www.mailblocks.com/ myself, but a friend mine loves it.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    www.si20.com was an awesome solution as long as I used POP mail. Now I'm on Exchange server and Outlook 2003 is great for my desktop or laptop, but I'm back to ground zero for my Treo. Any ideas for me with the ES?
    I have DSL in the office which came w/ a bunch of email addresses.
    My regular Email comes to my Corporate web site server (not the same as the DSL).
    I down load my corporate email via Outlook 2003 and then have Outlook sort the junk and forward emails in the inbox to a special email account which I then download with my Treo. I do not have a need for instant notification, so I get my email on demand w/ snappermail.
    I can also check the corporate accounts directly. but with all the spam it is just a finger excerise.
    I have found that Outlook filters all but maybe 5%, and nearly all of that gets filtered out on the forward movement to my special treo account.
    For me, everything I receive is on my PC, and I manage the stuff on my treo as needed for my mobile work.
    For sending, I auto send a copy of every thing I do on my treo to my Corp address, and the return email address on my treo is my corporate address. So my special address is never revealed. Outlook rule pulls out the copies from the treo into a special folder.
    So all the info on my treo is for my mobile work use and the real copies are on the PC.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon