Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have done the Sprint 1.20 update to my phone, I have the SprintPCS email address setup, and also a business Cox.net email. Both are using Pop3 settings. I cannot however send messages from either account. The Cox.net account that it is unable to send through the smtp.central.cox.net and the Sprint one gives the same error except with the Sprint smtp settings.

BTW I have also tried with snapper mail. with similar results. What is odd though, is that on the cox account I can send messages to other Cox.net email addresses.

Thanks
    Lonzo
  2. DSG
    Most ISP SMTP servers won't let you do what you want to do without authentication. You need a service or your own server that will allow you to pass a message through for delivery.

I fully indorse this product, but I use IMAP4 servers. You can try MailWave in POP3 mode and see if it work for you for 30 days free.

http://www.mailwave.com and use its smtp to relay your message.

You can also download it on your Treo Browser http://www.mailwave.com/palm
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I did alot of reading last night, apparently I am not the only one experiencing this problem. It has something to do with blocking port 25. I am going to call Cox today and see if they will give me an unrestricted SMTP server.
  4. DSG
    Port 25 is closed to stop spamming. When you ask them to open the port, ask for it to use authentication. They may be more willing to work with you.
    You will be able to send successfully through the Sprint SMTP servers once you get your account setup correctly. Search on my username for a post I made back in November 2003 on how to do this.

Brandon
    Is3mach:

I had the same problem. Found out you need to log in to the Sprint PCS website, using your sprint phone number and password. Once in your account go to the email section, and set up a seperate password for mail (other than your normal password). Once you do this, set up your email client on the phone to use the sprint SMTP server (smtp.sprintpcs.com) for both accounts. Make sure your username and the password you set up for the sprint email account is also set up to authenticate using the login and the password you set up. Once you do this, you should be well on your way. Works like a charm. Good Luck.

I have three pop accounts set up on my Treo, this way, and inbound and outbound works fine.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Yeah, I found a workable solution, I am not overly happy with it, but it gets the job done. I found out it is not so much the Treo or the software as it is my ISP. O well.

Thanks all for the replies.
    Lonzo