1.    #1  
    Yesterday I took my phone into a Sprint store to get a warranty replacement for a white spot that developed on the screen. At the time my battery was at maybe 50% charge. After normal use throughout the day the Battery droppped to about 20%. Last night I charged the treo using the standard cable (no cradle) that came with my 600. 6 hours later I woke up to an incoming E-Mail and noticed that the charge was at only 53%. So I let it continue to charge and a total of 10 hours after begining to charge it had gone as high as 59%. I couldnt wait any longer and had to take it off the charger to use it for the day. Battery drain seems very normal. All applications work fine, and there are no new applications installed since I took it to the sprint store.

Is it possible that the sprint tech did some diagnostic tests that could adversely affect my battery? Should I do a hared reset? or just not worry about it for 2 weeks while I wait for my replacement from Sprint?
    Last edited by FreePour; 06/02/2004 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    Yesterday I took my phone into a Sprint store to get a warranty replacement for a white spot that developed on the screen. At the time my battery was at maybe 50% charge. After normal use throughout the day the Battery droppped to about 20%. Last night I charged the treo using the standard cable (no cradle) that came with my 600. 6 hours later I woke up to an incoming E-Mail and noticed that the charge was at only 53%. So I let it continue to charge and a total of 10 hours after begining to charge it had gone as high as 59%. I couldnt wait any longer and had to take it off the charger to use it for the day. Battery drain seems very normal. All applications work fine, and there are no new applications installed since I took it to the sprint store.

Is it possible that the sprint tech did some diagnostic tests that could adversely affect my battery? Should I do a hared reset? or just not worry about it for 2 weeks while I wait for my replacement from Sprint?
    FreePour ~ Rate of Charge - Info for Healthy Treo:
    • 60% within 40 minutes.
    • 100% w/Green LED should take ~ 120 minutes.
    Under your circumstance,
    I would reset and charge prior to reload of software and data.

Let us know if it helps. (present Treo power performance is unacceptable)

~ Carl
    Good info Carl.

Should there be any difference in the rate of charge between a USB connected cable and the outlet charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertone
    Good info Carl.

Should there be any difference in the rate of charge between a USB connected cable and the outlet charger?
    Bertone ~

No - As long as your Voltage Input to the Treo is 4.7 Volts or Greater.

USB C / S is not recommended if your input voltage is lower.

Why? Please read the following post - Regarding "Constant Voltage" Charging.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...83&postcount=4

~ Carl
    Try a soft reset - sometimes you have to do a soft reset to help the batter meter configure itself properly...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    FreePour ~ Rate of Charge - Info for Healthy Treo:
    • 60% within 40 minutes.
    • 100% w/Green LED should take ~ 120 minutes.
    Under your circumstance,
    I would reset and charge prior to reload of software and data.

Let us know if it helps. (present Treo power performance is unacceptable)

~ Carl

Hard reset seems to have fixed the problem. I tried a soft reset first and noticed the same slow charge. I backed up all data using backup man and then did a hard reset. Then charged it to 100% without reinstalling all software. I used the treo for most of that day and noticed a very long battery life. I think some applications might be a big drain on the battery because I was on pace to get two days out of the same charge.
    Anyways on the next day I reinstalled all software then charged again and charging seems to go at a normal rate now. So it seems that a hard reset has solved the problem.
    Quick thank you to Carl and the others on this board for pointing me in the right direction and providing a benchmark to measure against. Battery seems to recharge better after the hard reset.

Regards,

--Bertone.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    My treo GSM seem like little slow charge. I got home from work. I put my treo and charge it from standard charge (not cradle). It start from 50%, it took me 3 and half hours to get 100% charge. It seem like my treo start to action like weird . I charge Treo from standard charge.

Should I replace it or how to solve the problem?
    you r getting ready 2 have network search problems.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!