1.    #1  
    AIM has a feature called IMForwarding. AIM claims that SprintPCS is supportted for 1way messaging. During the configuration process, IM attempts to send you a confirmation number via SMS to your cell phone. It never makes it to any of my 3 Sprint phones (one being the Treo 600). Does anyone have this working on their Sprint service?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    yup it works for me. use it all the time. i have no idea why yours isn't?
    I have the same problem. Its used to work like a champ on my Treo 300, then just over a month ago it stopped. Even with the update to a Treo 600, I still cant receive SMS messages sent from AIM or AOL. I have called both SPSC and AOL tech support, neither had a clue as to the cause or even who would be responcible for looking into this problem. It works fine with the other SPCS numbers I have access to (wife, work, friends) but it wont get sent to my number any longer.

CGordonn
  4.    #4  
    I was told by SPCS that it may be because I transfered my number from Verizon over to Sprint. During the move, my phone number is still some how tied to the Verizon service in the "global" SMS database. That's why I can get SMS from anyone inside the Sprint network but not from anyone outside the network. Does this make sense to anyone?

I'd like to get this working so I can get IM's w/o having to have the IM client active all of the time. (that would obviously mean I couldn't get any calls.)

Apart from IM forwarding, does anyone know how to show the IM world that you are available w/o keeping your data connection active?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have the exact same problem - my Treo 600 on Sprint never gets the confirmation message, I was a Verizon customer who transferred over to Sprint a few months ago. It used to work fine for me when I had Verizon.

I do get SMS messages from Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, and AT&T customers with no problems. If anyone figues out how to get this fixed I would love to know also.
    does anyone know if sprint will be implementing 2-way anytime soon?
    I was under the impression it had to do with number portability as I have the same problem.

It worked on your Treo 300, but not on your Treo 600? Does that mean it worked on the same number that was originally sprint and never got changed? so it was independent of portability?