1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 600 on AT&T, using TreoMail to access my POP3 email account. Whenever I send email from the Treo, in the "From" field, the recipient sees "John=20Bower=0A" instead of "John Bower". I can't find any setting in TreoMail that would address this but I don't know if this is an issue with TreoMail or AT&T. My outgoing server is set to "smtp.attwireless.net".

This does not happen when I access my POP3 account in any other way. Can anyone tell me what this problem comes from?
  2. CCH
    I have the same problem--some kind of html code I think. Anyway, AT&T WS tech support says that it is a problem with the standard mail app on the Treo, and the solution is to use a third party app. This seems totally retarded to me.

I am curious as to whether any Sprint, Cingular, or T-Mo users have this probelm. If not, then maybe it is something with AT&TWS' smtp relay.
  3. CCH
    I think I found the culprit. I have been using AT&TWS' smtp server because it seems to work quickest on GPRS. I changed my outbound server settings to another relay and my name comes through fine. It used to be that using a non-AT&TWS relay was unreliable, but so far so good on my test messages.