1.    #1  
    I remember a thread, but the search turns up nothing.

I called efax today, and they have no viewer. It KILLS me when I get an email with a fax attached, and I can't view the fax!

Thanks in advance!
  2.    #3  
    The viewer at tucows 59965.html is not for the version of Palm OS found in the Treo600, maybe it worked in the older Treos.

I am still looking for an efax viewer for the 600.

For those of you unfamiliar with efax, I have no paper fax machine. Efax.com assigns me a fax telephone number, and when people send a fax to my efax number, they convert it to an image called XXXXX.efx and email that image to me. With the efax viewer installed on my laptop, I can view, save, print or forward my faxes.

The great thing about this is that no matter WHAT hotel room I'm staying in, my faxes always come to me. I used to have my wife check my home office fax and send the faxes to the hotel fax machine. Life is great, but...

Since I have email on my Treo600, I receive the email with the .efx attachment, but I can not view it until I hook my laptop up and download the email attachment.

SO....I'm looking for a viewer that'll support the PalmOS in the 600.
    i know. the link i posted was mentioned it was not tested on any other Palm OS before. have you tried that apps? if not, i have not seen anywhere to download efax viewer for treo 600 thou.
    i use efax to receive fax and it sends to my email account. i open it on my desktop and i can view the fax and print out if i wish to.

so far after i searched posts, the answer is no, there does not have an efax viewer for treo 600, yet.
    Mike,

Change your settings in the eFax administration area of your account from EFX to TIF. Once you do this, your faxes will come in with XXXX.TIF attachments and you can view them then.

Regards,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Margolis
    The viewer at tucows 59965.html is not for the version of Palm OS found in the Treo600, maybe it worked in the older Treos.

I am still looking for an efax viewer for the 600.

For those of you unfamiliar with efax, I have no paper fax machine. Efax.com assigns me a fax telephone number, and when people send a fax to my efax number, they convert it to an image called XXXXX.efx and email that image to me. With the efax viewer installed on my laptop, I can view, save, print or forward my faxes.

The great thing about this is that no matter WHAT hotel room I'm staying in, my faxes always come to me. I used to have my wife check my home office fax and send the faxes to the hotel fax machine. Life is great, but...

Since I have email on my Treo600, I receive the email with the .efx attachment, but I can not view it until I hook my laptop up and download the email attachment.

SO....I'm looking for a viewer that'll support the PalmOS in the 600.
    If you have efax pro, you can receive faxes as .tiff instead of .efx. Then you need Acid Image Pro on your Treo to view tiff. This works ok from what I've heard.
    i also found out this..

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...highlight=efax

To RECEIVE with efax:

1. Make sure your efax settings from the efax website sends the fax in .tiff format, not the .efx format.

2. You don't need any additional software - just an email program to receive the email, and Acidimage Pro to view the tiff file. Acidimage Pro is expensive - 49 bucks - but it is the only program I have found which reads .tiff files.

3. When someone faxes you the document, efax sends you an email with the faxed document as an attachment. Just receive the email and view the attachment like you would view a jpg attachment.

not sure how to set it to .tif thou
    for efax pro, it requires additional fees, right?
    yep, additional fees
    is that efax pro = efax plus? i did not see "efax pro" from efax.com thou