1.    #1  
    Just an FYI to any of you who use Natara DayNotez and have an updated (firmware) Treo 600. We have added voice memo support that now works with the Treo 600.
    this is a cool feature but it doesnt seem like it is easy to get to. It would be really cool if the voice memo feature could be added to the note screen so it is really easy to activate. Or at least have an option to make it pop up automatically. As it is now I end my call, hit the favorite for Comet and Daynotez throws up a memo, the if I want o record a note which is of course mush better IMO I have to hit menu then the key to bring up the record button then hit it. Way to complicated.
    Any way to streamline the process?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    It works fine, but when hotsynching, I consistently get an error message, and this is in the hotsync log:

Natara DayNotez starting...
    Failed to collect names of DayNotez voice memo files.
    OK DayNotez 2.8.1 with 1 message(s)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    It works fine, but when hotsynching, I consistently get an error message, and this is in the hotsync log:

Natara DayNotez starting...
    Failed to collect names of DayNotez voice memo files.
    OK DayNotez 2.8.1 with 1 message(s)
    My guess is you've done a No-No and moved DayNotez itself to a storage card. Probably using an app with a stub with trys to fake our HotSync Manager into thinking that DayNotez is still in main memory. The problem with these "stub" launcher features is they don't take into account that during hotsync time, some apps are actually launched with certain parameters to perform certain tasks. The DayNotez conduit is attempting to ask the DayNotez handheld application if there are any voice memos. This fails since it's going to a "stub" and not to DayNotez. Move DayNotez back into main memory.

Please report problems like this to our support email address. We don't hang out in these forums much and you would get an help a lot quicker.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    this is a cool feature but it doesnt seem like it is easy to get to. It would be really cool if the voice memo feature could be added to the note screen so it is really easy to activate. Or at least have an option to make it pop up automatically. As it is now I end my call, hit the favorite for Comet and Daynotez throws up a memo, the if I want o record a note which is of course mush better IMO I have to hit menu then the key to bring up the record button then hit it. Way to complicated.
    Any way to streamline the process?
    Not really at this time. Most devices at the time we designed the feature included a hard button for voice recording. Since voice recording was added as an afterthought on the 600 (thanks to a lot of sqeeky Treo 600 owners ) there is no hardware record button. Perhaps a future DayNotez release will add a custom toolbar and buttons that will allow users to add it. Or, maybe an option to use one of the other hardware buttons on devices that don't have a dedicated voice button. You might want to go over to our forums and post your situaiton and reqeust in our DayNotez feature request section (our squeeky wheel section )
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Bryan- thanks much. Yes, I (like many) use zLauncher to save precious RAM for large apps. The lack of memory is a much greater issue than the hotsync error message, so I will leave it on the card (where it otherwise works perfectly fine).